Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel dual wireless-N7260 adapter

sgiat
Beginner

I have an issue with my local network. I own an Asus N551JM laptop with Intel dual wireless-N7260 adapter preinstalled and I can't get it work properly with my Netis WF 2419. Connection keeps disconnecting and limited connectivity appears, I am totally desperate. I haven't had any problem to connect to other network so far. I am convinced that this is a configuration problem ,don't know if its adapter or router or both. I assure u that I have already installed the latest drivers of the adapter and the firmware on the Router. From what I found when i tried to find the solution by my self I realised that it is a common issue of that adapter, few people are suffer of that problem. One solution I tried is http://www.troublefixers.org/laptops/fix-intel-wireless-7260-ac-wifi-speed-issues-in-windows-10/679/ http://www.troublefixers.org/…/fix-intel-wireless-7260…/679/ with no success. Please some help guys.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

stelios,

According to your report, we understand that this inconvenient is occuring only when connected to your network, also, we understand that it works just fine when connected to other networks, is this correct? If that is so, it could be related to how the network is setup and choosing the best configuration between te router and adapter might well resolve this issue. Here are some steps that might help you resolve this issue.

1. If possible, change to a less crowded channel, most routers come by default set to channel 11 or 6. There are third-party tools that you download off the Internet that can help see what channels are less croweded.

2. Since your adapter is the Intel® dual wireless-N7260, here are some tips and suggestions that may improve your experience:

3. We understand you already have the latest driver/firmware for both your the wireless adapter and the router. Regarding the wireless adapter, Intel recommends to use the latest drivers provided by the computer manufacturer as they have all the necessary customizations applied in order to make it work like a charm. If you are not sure about the adapter drivers, you can contact your computer manufacturer by accessing this link: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites

4. After installind the computer manufacturer drivers you notice that the issue still persists, you are welcome to try our generic drivers. This is how you can do it:

Download and save the following drivers according to your OS version and architecture (32 or 64 bit): Click on this link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75440/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-N-7260 Drivers & Software so you can be redirected to our download center for these drivers.

5. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

6. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

7. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

8. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.

9. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.

Up next, please, also check the adapter and OS configurations in order to optmize your experieince. Please do as follows:

1. Disable the Power Saving Function: Go to control Panel >> Hardware and Sound >> Set the High Performance and apply to default settings.

2. Change Plan Settings >> Change Advanced Power Setings >> Wireless Adapter >> Power Saving Mode and make sure both on Battery and Plugged in are set to Maximum Performance.

3. Set the advanced settings of the wireless adapter. Go to Device Manager >> Network Adapters >> Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 and then, right click on it and select Properties.

4. Set the tab that says and from the options that show select u-APSD support to Disabled.

5. Go to Transmit Power and make sure it is set to 5. Highest.

6. Choose 2.4GHz band as it has better penetration capabilities which improves the connection signal in case of walls an other solid objects that could impact on the connection.

7. Make sure the router is in a place where other ectronic devices can cause interference such as cordeless phones and microwave ovens.

8. Set the Wireless Mode to 802.11 a/b/g according to the support mode of your router.

9. Set the HT Mode to HT Mode for 802.11n compatibility, VHT Mode is for 802.11ac compatibility.

10. Set the 802.11n Channel Width for 2.4GHz to limited 20MHz.

11. Set the Roaming Aggressiveness to Lowest.

12. Set the Ad Hoc QoS Mode to WMM Disabled.

Let us know if this helped you resolve this issue.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

stelios,

According to your report, we understand that this inconvenient is occuring only when connected to your network, also, we understand that it works just fine when connected to other networks, is this correct? If that is so, it could be related to how the network is setup and choosing the best configuration between te router and adapter might well resolve this issue. Here are some steps that might help you resolve this issue.

1. If possible, change to a less crowded channel, most routers come by default set to channel 11 or 6. There are third-party tools that you download off the Internet that can help see what channels are less croweded.

2. Since your adapter is the Intel® dual wireless-N7260, here are some tips and suggestions that may improve your experience:

3. We understand you already have the latest driver/firmware for both your the wireless adapter and the router. Regarding the wireless adapter, Intel recommends to use the latest drivers provided by the computer manufacturer as they have all the necessary customizations applied in order to make it work like a charm. If you are not sure about the adapter drivers, you can contact your computer manufacturer by accessing this link: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites

4. After installind the computer manufacturer drivers you notice that the issue still persists, you are welcome to try our generic drivers. This is how you can do it:

Download and save the following drivers according to your OS version and architecture (32 or 64 bit): Click on this link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75440/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-N-7260 Drivers & Software so you can be redirected to our download center for these drivers.

5. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

6. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

7. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

8. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.

9. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.

Up next, please, also check the adapter and OS configurations in order to optmize your experieince. Please do as follows:

1. Disable the Power Saving Function: Go to control Panel >> Hardware and Sound >> Set the High Performance and apply to default settings.

2. Change Plan Settings >> Change Advanced Power Setings >> Wireless Adapter >> Power Saving Mode and make sure both on Battery and Plugged in are set to Maximum Performance.

3. Set the advanced settings of the wireless adapter. Go to Device Manager >> Network Adapters >> Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 and then, right click on it and select Properties.

4. Set the tab that says and from the options that show select u-APSD support to Disabled.

5. Go to Transmit Power and make sure it is set to 5. Highest.

6. Choose 2.4GHz band as it has better penetration capabilities which improves the connection signal in case of walls an other solid objects that could impact on the connection.

7. Make sure the router is in a place where other ectronic devices can cause interference such as cordeless phones and microwave ovens.

8. Set the Wireless Mode to 802.11 a/b/g according to the support mode of your router.

9. Set the HT Mode to HT Mode for 802.11n compatibility, VHT Mode is for 802.11ac compatibility.

10. Set the 802.11n Channel Width for 2.4GHz to limited 20MHz.

11. Set the Roaming Aggressiveness to Lowest.

12. Set the Ad Hoc QoS Mode to WMM Disabled.

Let us know if this helped you resolve this issue.

sgiat
Beginner

How could I ever imagine that the solution would be the driver of the manufacture. thnx a lot man!

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello stelios,

We haven't heard form you yet. Let us know if the troubleshooting steps we sent you yesterday helped you resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
sgiat
Beginner

thnx for your advice, i am away from the laptop right now, I will try in a couple of days

0 Kudos
rsonk
New Contributor I

Uninstalling a driver is usually done as part of troubleshohttp://goo.gl/4hZelu oting an issue. Uninstalling can help you isolate an issue to a specific driver loaded in the system. Some issues may be resolved by a simple software or driver update. Other issues may require a complete uninstall of the existing wireless software and drivers and then a fresh install of the latest software and drivers.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/intel-wi-fi-products/intel-wireless-7200-series/intel-dual-band-wireless-n-7260.html Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75440/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-N-7260 Drivers & Software