Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel(r) dual band wireless-ac 7265 Bluetooth sound problems when using WiFi

TPRIF
Beginner

Recently bought a HP Envy X360 15 with AC-7265 Dual network adapter .The problem I am facing is that , when am listening to some music from my Bluetooth Headset or speakers if i try to download anything , when the download speed exceeds about 300kb/s the sound starts to cut, by the time the download speed reaches 1Mb /s the sound is totally lost. When I am using an external Bluetooth dongle everything work fine. I have already tried

1. Install/Uninstall /Update drivers
  2. Use the 5MHz wifi

and the problem is not solved.

It seems like there is an interference between the Bluetooth and WiFi.

Could you please advice!

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello TPRIF,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Based on the details provided the issue might be related to some kind of interference as you mentioned between the Bluetooth and Wireless signal.

Considering the steps you have tried already (install, uninstall and driver updates, changing channel, etc), and if the system is new, we would like to recommend you to contact HP support so they can assist you to check if the issue might be due to a hardware or grounding failure.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello TPRIF,

We would like to know if you were able to check our previous post and if you have successfully contacted HP support for further assistance to discard hardware or grounding issues on the laptop regarding Bluetooth and Wireless.

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
TPRIF
Beginner

Hi again and sorry for the delayed answer but I was on the go these days.

The problem seems to be solved

1. I noticed that by pressing the bezel of the screen where the antenna is attached , causes problems at wifi signal.
  2. I opened the back of the laptop an disconnect and then connect again the antennas.
  3. Role back to previews version of the wifi and Bluetooth drivers.

There are some cracks on the sound here and there but no more sound cuts connected to download speed.

Further more now I am using a BT mouse and keyboard with no problem.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello TPRIF,

Thank you for your response and the feedback regarding the steps you followed.

We are glad to know that you were able to find a solution and the sound doesn't cut anymore even using wireless peripherals. We will proceed to close this inquiry.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos