Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel wireless AC 9560 stops working

Dev
Beginner

I am using an Asus laptop which I had bought in Oct,2018.

It has a wireless network adapter Intel Wireless-AC9560 160MHz. The problem is it randomly stops working. 1st time i faced this issue was in around June,2020. I got freaked out and just did a system restore, and everything came back to normal.

But I started facing this issue again from starting of Oct. The adapter stops working and the wifi stops cause of it.  Error message when I go to properties:This device has stopped working (something of this sort)

I tried the following fixes of

1)"NETWORK RESET"

2)tried Uninstalling the driver and restarting the system and reinstalling the driver

3)updating the driver to latest version

Well , sometimes these fixes work and sometimes they dont and I end up spending hours fixing this without getting any results and it randomly starts working again or the above fixes works instantly.

Current version installed is -21.120.2.1.

If my adapter is fried I would change it , but if it is a software bug please suggest a stable version with a link.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Dev, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

For Code 10 errors, it is recommended to follow these steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031150/network-and-i-o/wireless.html 

1. Try a clean install of the latest generic Intel® drivers for both, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth:  

Step 1: Download and save the drivers on your computer: 

Step 2: Uninstall the Wi-Fi driver. 

1. Uninstall your Wi-Fi driver. 

1. Go to Device Manager
  2. Expand the Network Adapters category. 
  3. Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it. 
  4. Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device
  5. Repeat steps A through D until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out. 

2. Restart your computer. 

Step 3: Driver installation. 

Locate the drivers you downloaded back in Step 1. Run as administrator, and follow the wizard to completion. To Run as administrator right-click over the file you downloaded and select the option to Run as administrator.  

2. Perform a cold reboot (hold the power button until the PC powers off). 

3. Try a hard shut down (shut down and remove power and battery from the device), wait for a couple of minutes, and turn on the PC. 

4. For laptops, reseat the battery if possible (remove and reinstall). Refer to your system manufacturer for guidance. 

5. Load BIOS defaults. Refer to your system manufacturer for guidance on settings/updates. 

If the issue persists, you should check with the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) of your system as this can be a hardware problem. List of Computer Manufacturer Support Websites 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Dev
Beginner

Here is a network error message after it stops abruptly when I check it's properties

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Dev, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

For Code 10 errors, it is recommended to follow these steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031150/network-and-i-o/wireless.html 

1. Try a clean install of the latest generic Intel® drivers for both, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth:  

Step 1: Download and save the drivers on your computer: 

Step 2: Uninstall the Wi-Fi driver. 

1. Uninstall your Wi-Fi driver. 

1. Go to Device Manager
  2. Expand the Network Adapters category. 
  3. Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it. 
  4. Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device
  5. Repeat steps A through D until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out. 

2. Restart your computer. 

Step 3: Driver installation. 

Locate the drivers you downloaded back in Step 1. Run as administrator, and follow the wizard to completion. To Run as administrator right-click over the file you downloaded and select the option to Run as administrator.  

2. Perform a cold reboot (hold the power button until the PC powers off). 

3. Try a hard shut down (shut down and remove power and battery from the device), wait for a couple of minutes, and turn on the PC. 

4. For laptops, reseat the battery if possible (remove and reinstall). Refer to your system manufacturer for guidance. 

5. Load BIOS defaults. Refer to your system manufacturer for guidance on settings/updates. 

If the issue persists, you should check with the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) of your system as this can be a hardware problem. List of Computer Manufacturer Support Websites 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Dev,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Dev,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. Please remember to follow the steps given above, and if after that you keep having this problem, you should contact the OEM as this can be a hardware problem.

If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos