Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Internet download speed is low. However Upload speed is adequate according to my internet plan. Need Assistance.

VJain22
Beginner

I am using Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 on Windows 10 Home.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

I would start from reset the router (disconnect the power supply and reconnect it after 15 seconds).

Leon

0 Kudos
VJain22
Beginner

I already done the basic troubleshooting where I have restarted my Laptop, cleaned my temp., updated the latest driver(still sluggish) and restarted my router multiple times.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Did you checked WiFi performance with other device instead of your laptop. For example with your mobile?
  2. Can you connect your laptop to the router, using Ethernet cable?
  3. The above will help to know if the problem is in your laptop Wifi or other.

Leon

0 Kudos
VJain22
Beginner

Hi,

1. Yes, I have checked with my mobile devices and other laptop. All the other devices are performing accordingly.
  2. With Ethernet Cable the the performance is adequate. ( i.e. 49/50 Mbps download speed) .

Thanks,

Vaibhav

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Vaibhav,

1. So we may conclude that the problem is caused by laptop WiFi.
  2. If your router has dual band WiFi, you may try to use the other band (I presume 5GHz).
  3. In your carrent WiFi band (I presume 2.4GHz), choose Channel Width: 20MGHz only, Channel 10 (instead Auto)
  4. If the above will not help, please ask question in your laptop vendor support site.

Leon