Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Is AX210 driver 22.60.1.1 enabled 6GHz band in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.65?

IH
Beginner

I've installed  Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.65 on my desktop and found AX210 driver 22.60.1.1 is installed automatically. - Is that "22.60.1.1" driver enabled 6GHz band by default?

I'm struggling to connect(at the least want to see 6E SSID!!), with enabling 6GHz band in AX210, Netgear RAXE500 router 6E network, where Galaxy S21 Ultra can easily connect to.

I failed to enable 6E band in AX210 with several hacks like editing registry, using non-official version driver, etc., then at last, decided to try Insider preview.  

As Initial annoucement for Windows 11 preview just mentioned "Once you’re on this Insider Preview build with a Wi-Fi 6E capable PC and driver, along with a capable Wi-Fi router, it’ll just work."  then just provide a link to Intel's "How to Enable Wi-Fi 6E" page . - But no mentioning of 6E in Build 22000.65  annoucement.

I'm a little bit confusing whether 22.60.1.1 is 6Ghz-enabled or not.

Can Intel confirm that I can use 22.60.1.1 driver for my purpose or rollback into older version like 22.50.x.x(in Window 10 21H1) or 22.45.x.x(in Insider Preview of Windows 10) ?

Or is there any other hack that I can try?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DeividA_Intel

Hello IH,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In this case, since you are using the Windows Insider Preview Build, and as the article mentioned, there are some variables that can cause this behavior. The best action to take would be to get in contact with Microsoft for further instruction due to the fact that the usage of the 6GHz band relies on Operating System support.

Based on the article, you met some of the requirements to enable the 6GHz band, however, to make sure that it is possible to enable or that you are using the appropriate drivers, please get in contact with Microsoft for further instructions.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. 

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos