Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Is Win7 19.20.0 software download really 19.10.0?

PPage2
Beginner

I have a retail Intel AC-7260 adapter that is working OK under Windows 7 and software 19.10.0. I just downloaded the 64-bit 19.20.0 driver and software package

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26344/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7-?v=t https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26344/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7-?v=t

from September 20 and the MD5 of the downloaded installer checks out. I installed (upgraded to) this 19.20.0, but after installation the connection utility (Help -> About...) shows the version still as 19.10.0.0.

I then uninstalled this 19.20.0, then clean-installed the 19.20.0 I downloaded, but the version still shows as 19.10.0.0 in the connection utility.

Has this happened to anyone else? Did I do something wrong? (I doubt it since I've successfully upgraded this software/driver many times over the last 2 years or so.)

Is the installer on the download page above really 19.10.0 instead of 19.20.0? (And yes, I know the Win7 driver is still at version 18.33.3.2, but I'm talking about the overall software level in the connection utility via Help -> About...)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello KootchieKoo,

The only difference between the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers versions 19.10.0 and 19.20.0 are updated drivers for several adapters. For the most part, the rest of the software package remains the same.

Just like you're already aware that for your wireless adapter the driver version included is 18.33.3.2, the version of the connection utility for Windows* 7 is still version 19.10.0.

For the version of your Intel® PROSet we recommend checking the Programs and Features under Control Panel.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

KootchieKoo,

We're following up on your thread since we have not heard back from you. Please let us know if we've answered your doubts or if you have any aditional questions on the subject.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
PPage2
Beginner

OK thanks, but I thought the overall version number of the updates had always matched the version shown in the connection utility (Help -> About...)

Why do you not provide release notes for this driver, but do for others, such as the USB 3.0 driver?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

KootchieKoo,

Generally, yes. But not always. Some minor releases contain only updated drivers for some configurations, while others do include updates for the software package as a whole.

As for the lack of release notes, this is just temporary. We're working to start publishing release along with future versions of the PROSet.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

0 Kudos