Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Is the adapter N 7260, which I have in my 5-year-old VAIO, Dual Band or not? My laptop (with this network adapter) doesn't appear to pick up my WIFI+ network, just the regular one.

MMars16
Beginner

Driver 18.33.17.1

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Is it just a N-7260, or is it a dual-band N-7260?

The best place to check is with your laptop manufacturer.

Doc

0 Kudos
MMars16
Beginner

There´s no reference to it being Dual band (I´m going off how it is labelled in Device Manager>Network Adaptors). Unfortunately, Sony sold it´s VAIO division 5 years ago just after I bought this one (VAIO Flip SVF15N1C5E) online from the Sony site. I'm simply a little surprised because a have a considerably older VAIO with a considerably inferior spec, and yet with that one I can connect to my WIFI + network and also my 1st Gen iPad seems to be able to receive this network. I include below a screengrab of laptop specs and Device Manager screen;

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2)_LI.jpg

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

MMars16, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 is a dual-band card, it supports both 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz bands as you can confirm in the following link:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/75439/intel-dual-band-wireless-ac-7260.html

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos