Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Issue with Intel Wireless AC-9560 Adapter

CWirt2
Beginner

We purchased 10 Dell Latitude 5500 computers. Every one of them has an issue with the Intel Wireless AC-9560 adapter. At times they will not connect to a wifi router or will connect and then lose connection. Also while connected Outlook 2016 will not update all the time. It will say "Updating InBox". I am using the latest Intel driver from Dell, version 21.50.1.1. I see there is a new driver on Intel's website, version 21.70. I have not installed the new driver. What could be causing this issue? It is happening with every one of the new Dell 5500 computers. We have several older Dell 5570/5550 computers and they work fine but they are not using the AC-9560 adapter.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Gh0stb1t
New Contributor I

The Intel Wireless AC-9560 adapter came originally pre-installed on the laptops, right? (default factory desing?).

It is hard to say what could be causing the issue, but the one that can check this better and answer properly would be Dell support, could it be either Dell's custom driver issue, integration/design issue, etc... who knows...

Since you already have latest driver from Dell, you may try on one of the laptops the driver (generic) from Intel:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29362/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=99446

Also perform basis steps: Check Windows update to install latest updates available, check for latest BIOS available on Dell website.

0 Kudos
CWirt2
Beginner

​I spoke to Del support and said they did not know of any issues with the Intel AC-9560 adapter.  None of our other Dell laptops with Intel wireless adapters other than the AC-9560 have this issue.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello CWirt2,

We would like to jump in to provide some information. First, please provide us with the following system information:

• Are the computers brand-new?
  • Do you know if this issue happens in different networks?
  • What is the model number of the AP/router?
  • Did the Intel® Wireless Adapter come preinstalled in the computer?
  • Please generate a system report with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) on one of the computers and attach it to this thread.

1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello CWirt2,

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello CWirt2,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos