Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Issues with AX200 internet

MBurr
Beginner

I have recently bought a card that has an intel WIFI 6 ax200. Its a combination Bluetooth wireless card. The Bluetooth is working flawlessly, however I cannot get WIFI functionality. Drivers are up to date, I've ran the windows troubleshooter, but I don't get even know what the problem is. I can see it in device manager, and its giving an error 10. the last event was:

(

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2723&SUBSYS_00848086&REV_1A\4&278f5fe4&0&0009 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem178.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: Netwtw10
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters: vwifibus
Problem: 0xA
Problem Status: 0xC0000001

)

I do think that I should note that I am running Windows 11, (version 10.0.220000) and i am running the latest drivers for my product, (version 22.70.0.5).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

MBurr,

You don't mention specifically what brand of Wi-Fi NIC you bought. The specific brand will be helpful as there are some AX200 cards that require the manufacturer's specific drive. You also don't mention anything else about the hardware. What motherboard and CPU do you have?

I too am testing Win 11. However, I have Win 11 isolated as a virtual guest with VMware, and use Win 10 as the host PC. Because Win 10 is a stable platform with stable drivers, that might be a better way for you to test Win 11. I believe there is a free version of VMware. You can also use Hyper-V. I have run Win 11 on both virtualization platforms. The advantage of using virtualization is that the host has a more stable driver environment.

0 Kudos
MBurr
Beginner

Sorry I really should have mentioned the brand. Its a cudy ax3000 pcie card. I'm pretty sure that Bluetooth is working through usb because I also had to plug the card into a use header.

And on the windows 11 note, I agree, there are better ways to test windows 11, but I don't particularly want to do a reset to get windows 10 back. I'm assuming that its a driver compatibility error, but I don't really have the knowledge to base that assumption on anything, so i thought i would take my questions to the forums just to make sure. 

Thanks for the reply!

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

MBurr,

I believe you are correct regarding the Bluetooth feature. Those usually get connected to a USB2 header. Did the Cudy card work with any version of Win 11? Have you successfully used it with any install and version of Win 10? If the answer is yes to Win 10 and no to Win 11, then Win 11 definitely is the culprit.

You can try older versions of the AX200 driver suite.

0 Kudos
MBurr
Beginner

To anyone who may be having this issue, my fix was to put it in a 1x pcie slot

0 Kudos