Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Issues with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160

JHarr46
Beginner

I've been having continual issues with this driver for the past several weeks. (Windows 10 64 bit) It encounters the error: ‘This device cannot start (Code 10) This device does not exist' or words to that effect. Restarting the laptop temporarily fixes the issue, although it always stops functioning eventually. Sometimes it fails just a few minutes after restart, but other times it works for around an hour. Very frustrating and verging on unusable

I've tried every suggestion I can find to no avail. Automatic search for driver updates yielded no results as it’s a discontinued model. Rolling back to before the issues didn't work. Updating to version 18.33.15.1 found independently (dated 11/11/2018), didn't work. The 29/04/2018 version found through Intel Support Assistant didn't work although someone here recently stated this driver fixed their issues. I've unchecked the option to allow the computer to turn off the device to save power, in case the aging battery (almost 4 year old) was causing the issue- didn't work. I've tried uninstalling/deleting software and attempting a clean install but upon restarting the older 11/11/2018 driver was automatically reinstalled before I got the chance. Anyone know any other issues that can cause this and ways it could be rectified? I’ve noticed in the log of events it states ‘device not migrated’ several times in some of the new driver installs- I don’t know if this is relevant or not.

Device is HP Envy Notebook- Product Number:M9F50EA#ABU

Thanks,

James

3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

My advice helped to an other user in similar case: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P0000065IE8SAM (i.e. uncheck: "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power").

Leon

0 Kudos
DMila1
Beginner

I have a similar problem with AC 3160.

It does not activate any more: - or better, it deactivates after 1-2 seconds.

I tried the above suggestion, but unfortunately it did not help.

Also tried to install the latest driver (package 21.10.1, May 2019), ut without success.

Any help, please?

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

DMila1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician   

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos