Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i on Dell G7 7700 not working (error code 10 and 43)

Harpartap
Novice

Hello everyone,

I  own a Dell G7 7700 that I got in december 2020 and I have been running into the same issue several times with the Wireless Card Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i. 

The first time when it happened (in May/June 2021) Dell support took care of it by replacing the card. For a while it worked fine, but I got the same issue again (in October 2021), and this time Dell sent a technician at home who again replaced the card, yet explained to me that the issue was not caused by the hardware but rather the software (drivers and OS).

However, today I am having the same issue again and tried several solutions:

- first I followed instructions the Dell technician told me last time, which is to Deactivate and Reactivate the card from the Device Manager. I also tried uninstalling the device and restarting my laptop.

- after that, I tried to update the drivers using Driver Booster. But that did not solve anything either.

- and then I tried to reinstall Windows 10 (and keep personnal files) which deleted all of my softwares but didn't solve anything.

- then I followed the clean driver installation tutorial as showed here . I did it both ways, with the latest Dell drivers and the latest Intel driver. Again the issue remains unsolved.

- Finally, I tried installing Killer Performance Suite but that did still not solve the issue.

Can anyone help me with this please?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel

Hello Harpartap, 

In order to help you further, please try the following:

1. To correct the 43 code:

• Open Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet options.
  • Go to the Connections tab
  • Click LAN Settings
  • uncheck Automatically detect settings
  • Uninstall your Antivirus Software

2. Restart the WLAN service:

• Press Windows Key + R and enter “services.msc” followed by the ENTER key.
  • Find “WLAN AutoConfig” in the list of service, right-click it and select Properties.
  • Press Start & change the startup type as "Automatic".
  • Restart your computer

3. Perform a clean install of the tool:

4. Also, you can follow these steps:

5. If possible, you can reseat the card then make all connections are well and inspect for any hardware damage.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Please do yourself a favor and NOT use 3rd party driver sites like driver booster.  You never know what information from your machine they are uploading (and to what country it is going), and you never know what payload is in the packages they are downloading.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Waiting for Windows 12]

0 Kudos
Harpartap
Novice

Well I do agree with your concern, but when you're an architecture student who really needs to work on his projects you have to try everything to fix the issue that the manufacturer seems not to be efficient in solving...

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Harpartap,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  I understand you are having issues with your Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Is the Bluetooth working properly?

3. Have you checked with DELL to confirm if this is a known issue? Since they have replaced the wireless adapter several times.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Harpartap
Novice

Hi,

I ran the Intel SSU and all the details are in the file attached to this message.

I just checked both with my headphones and the device manager and the Bluetooth seems to work fine.

Yes I have contacted Dell and they're still saying it's a software issue and spent 2 days trying to solve the problem but couldn't.

I can't allow myself to spend more time over the phone with them and I need this issue solved asap so that I can continue to work properly.

Regards,

Harpartap Cheema

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Harpartap, 

Thanks for the information provided and the report sent. I will review this issue internally and as soon as I have datils for you I will let you know.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Harpartap, 

In order to help you further, please try the following:

1. To correct the 43 code:

• Open Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet options.
  • Go to the Connections tab
  • Click LAN Settings
  • uncheck Automatically detect settings
  • Uninstall your Antivirus Software

2. Restart the WLAN service:

• Press Windows Key + R and enter “services.msc” followed by the ENTER key.
  • Find “WLAN AutoConfig” in the list of service, right-click it and select Properties.
  • Press Start & change the startup type as "Automatic".
  • Restart your computer

3. Perform a clean install of the tool:

4. Also, you can follow these steps:

5. If possible, you can reseat the card then make all connections are well and inspect for any hardware damage.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Harpartap, 

I reviewed your post, please let me know if the issue was resolved, if not, do not hesitate, just reply back.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Harpartap
Novice

Hi Deivid,

Thank you very much for reviewing my post.

I did the first two steps and WiFi started working again after Restarting the WLAN Autoconfig.

Regards,

Harpartap

DeividA_Intel

Hello Harpartap, 

I am glad to know that the is now fixed. I will proceed to close this thread, however, you can open a new thread if you face this or any other issues related to Intel products.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos