Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Killer Wireless 1535 won't connect to 5GHz networks anymore

FooFooBarBar
Beginner

Adapter: Killer Wireless 1535

Laptop: XPS 15 9560

Service Tag: 1ZMV5M2

Windows 10 Home version 22H2

Always been able to connect and use 5GHz wifi until recently

Laptop running windows 10 can see but can't connect to 5GHz networks, it just says "Can't connect to network" after trying

Laptop running linux can see and connect to 5GHz without issues, same for other devices (none other running win10)

I have tried:

• Resetting network adapters from windows menu

• Ran Intel DSA to check drivers - no changes found

• Ran Dell driver update - no changes found

• Rolling back driver of my wifi network adapter

• Installing latest driver of my wifi network adapter

• Installing various other versions of my wifi network adapter (after making sure the previous were properly removed etc)

• Stopped any services other than hardware services to ensure nothing is interfering

• Changed "Preferred Band" to "Preferred Band - 5GHz", was "no preference before"

• Changed "Dynamic MIMO Power Save" to "Enabled", was disabled before

• Changed "Wireless Mode" to "801.11 a/n" from "801.11 a/b/g/n/ac"

I restarted my laptop inbetween any changes and it did not help at all

I was able to connect to 5GHz from Win10 once yesterday after a restart from Ubuntu (boot laptop with Ubuntu, restart, boot with win10) but I have been unable to reproduce this behaviour

Any help/tips/direction appreciated

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello FooFooBarBar,  

Based on your post, I have noticed that your adapter is a Legacy unit, and this product is being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. 

I recommend you check this situation with the manufacturer of your unit for driver and firmware since Intel does not develop, store or provide these drivers. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
FooFooBarBar
Beginner

All the links to Killer drivers that were hosted on their website now redirect to the Intel support page......... How am I meant to get the drivers from them if it redirects to intel and intel doesn't list them out?

0 Kudos