Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Killer Wireless-n/a/ac 1535 Wireless Network Adapter

satpassion
Beginner

A few days ago they installed the gigabit fiber and when I'm connected via wifi a few inches from the modem, the internet speed is maximum 300Mbps while with the ethernet cable I get to 900Mbps.

I don't understand this remarkable difference in speed that I have on my MSI's laptop (GS72 6QE STEALTH PRO 4K).

The latest network card's driver installed is n. 12.0.0.722 dated 8/22/2018.

The Killer Wireless-n/a/ac 1535 Wireless Network Adapter supports a maximum speed of 866Mbps but I can't get above 300Mbps.
I don't understand what the problem is.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Hhmmm, sounds like you are only connecting to the 2.4GHz band. Are you sure you are using the right SSID?

...S

0 Kudos
satpassion
Beginner

Yes, because I created two different SSIDs. One for 2.4GHz and the other for 5GHz.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Second possibility is that you are only connecting using Wireless-N, which would also limit you to 300 Mb/s. Check what type of connection you are actually getting.

...S

0 Kudos
satpassion
Beginner
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You've verified that it is a 5GHz Wireless-AC connection but it won't go above 300Mb/s? Hhmmm... (grasping at straws) Have you verified that your antennas are connected properly to the card? If so, try swapping the leads.

...S

0 Kudos
satpassion
Beginner

Sorry, but I didn't understand what kind of verification I need to do.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Open your laptop and ensure that the antenna wires are properly connected to the wireless card.

...S

0 Kudos
satpassion
Beginner

Unfortunately, I don't have the expertise to do this.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
I can only suggest that you find a friend or neighbor that has this level of expertise. A repair shop may be able to help you, though a cost may be involved there.
Sorry
...S
0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello satpassion,

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and are helping you. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

You can verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued".

Our recommendation, in this case, is to contact the system manufacturer and request specialized support for your system. It is important for you to know that Intel no longer provides drivers for this wireless card, the OEM is the one that will provide the latest drivers for your system. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Josue O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos