Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Laptop and another computer regulary disconnects from Wifi and connects again

Pierrot
Beginner

Hi,

My laptop is regularly disconnecting from my home Wifi. More or less twice an hour. After having disconnected, it immediatly connects again.

I noticed this because of brief losses of access to the Web. I can monitor these disconnections in the Microsoft Windows event viewer, who shows this by recording events 8003 and 10001, and immediatly afterwards events 8001 and 10000.

I have got exactly the same disconnecting/reconnecting issue with another computer on the same home Wifi.

When I’m connecting my computers to my home router by cable (Ethernet) I haven’t got any issue.

I have tried to connect the laptop to the other computer, using the other computer as access point (himself conneted by cable) :  the same disconnecting/reconnecting issue occurs with the laptop.

I tried to connect the laptop on another Wifi, in another building, and it works perfectly

The internet provider already changed the router and monitored to see if there was a problem :  nothing was found.

As the problem occurs with both computers only on my home Wifi, I would think there is a problem with my router. But as there is no problem by cable and as the problem occurs even with the laptop connected to the other computer as access point, I would say it doesn’t come from the router.

If the problem was occuring only with one computer, I would think it’s the adapter or the driver. But on both computers at the same time (with different adapters) it would be an incredible coincidence. 

What do you think ?

My laptop is a Sony VAIO. The network adapter is Intel Centrino Advanced N-6235. Driver version is 15.16.0.2. Running is Microsoft Windows 10 Professionnal 64 bits (10.0.19041 Build 19041)

The other computer is a self build one. The network adapter is TP-Link AC1300 Archer T6E V1.1. Running is Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 bits (19041.508).

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Pierrot

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We would like to inform you that due to the Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

You can verify this product's discontinuance status using the following links:

Also, if you need assistance with the TP-Link AC1300 Archer T6E adapter, our recommendation is to check further with TP-Link* support team so you can have the proper support from the manufacturer: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/

Finally, please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
Pierrot
Beginner

Has Intel ever heard about the concept of sustainability ?

0 Kudos