Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Laptop not see network after new Spectrum router/modem installed

Ralf2
Beginner

Dell Windows 10 with AC 7265

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Ralf2, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the complete model of the laptop?

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

When did you buy the Spectrum Router/Modem?

What is the precise model of the Router?

Did the wireless connection ever work fine with this new Router/Modem?

Is there any particular reason why you replaced the Router/Modem?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes, besides installing the new Router/Modem, that might cause this issue?

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

0 Kudos
Ralf2
Beginner

Inspiron 7558

Bought new 6 yrs ago, home use, built in wireless 

spectrum old dual band router/modem setup required frequent resets. Last week installed new spectrum single band modem/router, it auto chooses 2.4/5.  All other devices can see the new network except the laptop. Spectrum said router is 3.1. 

no other hardware/software changes 

On the new spectrum router data tag is says Wi-Fi 6 router. Shows serial number, MAC address and HW Version:7.2

I haven’t been able to try the laptop on a different network. I’ll do that  and run the ssu report

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Ralf2, Thank you very much for providing that information.

"I haven’t been able to try the laptop on a different network. I’ll do that and run the ssu report", Perfect, no problem at all, take your time and once you get the chance please let us know the results. I will do a follow-up in a couple of days to check for updates.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Ralf2, I just wanted to check if you were able to try the laptop on a different network and what were the results. 

If the issue remains, please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Ralf2, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Ralf2, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

We also suggest to get in contact directly with Dell for further assistance on this matter:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos