Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7586 Discussions

Latest driver for intel dual band wireless-n 7260 Win 10 64bit

ckrause
Novice

Hello,

I´m looking for the latest driver for the Intel dual band wireless-n 7260 for Windows 10 64bit. The official support pages are not available (404). It would be very nice if anyone could tell me a download link. (f.e. url )

Thanks and best regards,

Christian

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Check your Private messages.

...S

View solution in original post

660 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@kristoand @swill321 

Check your Private Message inbox for instructions. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are requestors 65 and 66, all since Jan. 6th.

Devastator0
Beginner
Hi,

I would also very much like to be provided with a link and/or instructions on how to obtain these drivers.

Cheers!
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Check your Private Message inbox for instructions. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are requestor 72 since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
kathi7486
Beginner

Hello Scott,

could you help me out too?

Thank you very very much.

0 Kudos
swill321
Beginner

To all users experiencing Wifi Connectivity issues with AC 7260, If you happen to be running Sophos Connect on an HP laptop, Sophos has a fix (disabling the HP Wifi/LAN Switching Service) that was my issue (in addition to an old driver).

SOPHOS CONNECT HP COMPUTER dropping Wifi with Intel Wifi AC 7260: 

Run > Enter text services.msc > Press Enter

Locate HP/LAN/WLAN/WWAN Switching UWP Service > Right Click - Properties

General Tab - Start-up Type: > Change drop down to "Disabled"

Also a shout out to Scott for assisting myself and so many others with the latest drivers! Thank you Scott.

n_scott_pearson
Super User

@pjoswald82 and @kathi7486

...S

P.S. You are requestors 73 and 74 since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
pjoswald82
Beginner
0 Kudos
JeffH
Beginner

Hi Scott--could I trouble you to send me the Windows 10 64-bit drivers for the desktop AC 7260 as well? Mine is broken as well.....

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

...S

P.S. You are requestor 75 since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The way things are going, this share is going to become a permanent fixture...sigh!

...S

0 Kudos
Ros54
Beginner

I have the same issue for my 7260.  I'm on Window 10 64 bit.  I can't access my new router that is a wifi 6.  

I have a 2015 Dell Precision M6800.  I've been able to replace modules and would be willing to replace the adapter if necessary.  Otherwise, an update for the 7260 would be great!!

Thank-you in advance!!!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@James1212 and @Ros54,

...S

P.S. You are requestors 77 & 78 since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
emse7en
Beginner

Hi! Can I also ask for the latest AC 7260 wifi card driver and AC 7260 bluetooth driver?

I am having a big problem with sound being lost on one of the headphones (QCY T13) when using the Logitech K380 keyboard at the same time. My laptop is Asus K53SV, previously this card worked in Asus N751 (on the card I have a mark with the ending, not HU).

I've tried almost everything but the problem still exists..

0 Kudos
emse7en
Beginner

@n_scott_pearson 

Hi! Can I also ask for the latest AC 7260 wifi card driver and AC 7260 bluetooth driver?

I am having a big problem with sound being lost on one of the BT headphones (QCY T13) when using the Logitech K380 BT keyboard at the same time. My laptop is Asus K53SV, previously this card worked in Asus N751 (on the card I have an H ending, not HU).

I've tried almost everything and the problem still persists..

0 Kudos
emse7en
Beginner

@n_scott_pearson 
Hi! Can I also ask for the latest AC 7260 wifi card driver and AC 7260 bluetooth driver?

I am having a big problem with sound being lost on one of the headphones (QCY T13) when using the Logitech K380 keyboard at the same time. My laptop is Asus K53SV, previously this card worked in Asus N751 (on the card I have a mark with the ending, not HU).

I've tried almost everything but the problem still exists..

0 Kudos
emse7en
Beginner

Sorry for posting multiple times. I didn't see my messages sent before.

I think I had some connection problem while sending the message.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@emse7en

Check your Private Message inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are 80th requester since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@rwgs,

Check your Private Message inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are 81st requester since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
girder
Novice

I just wanted to report back that my WLAN card replacement was a success and the drivers worked great!

It took a bit of work to deal with my long standing Generic Bluetooth Driver issue, but after adjusting some settings, using a driver wizard and a reboot, my new WLAN card was working perfectly fine for both WiFi and Bluetooth.

My old Asus K43SV can finally properly connect to my newer WiFi mesh network, and connect to Bluetooth devices again without a dongle. (Also, I managed to solve a dead USB port problem I had for years with a driver update while I was at it. :))

Thanks again, n_scott_pearson. You're a life saver.

P.S. I'd like to give back to the community and post a download share link for the drivers. Is there any policy preventing me from posting a MEGA share link or something?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There are already all sorts of places where you can find these drivers so I don't think that another share is really necessary. Of course, the question is whether you can actually *trust* any particular one of these offerings. Unless it is through a former incarnation of the Intel website (being accessed via the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine), my answer is no, don't trust them - and especially do not trust any of the driver provider sites (most of these are hotbeds for malware distribution).

I have provided these drivers under the premise that, being both a former employee of Intel and a recognized Super User on the site, folks will trust me. As you say, it is also my way of giving back, even if it shouldn't be necessary (Intel actions continue to embarrass me regularly). I have doled out the link to my share on a user-by-user basis, not because I am trying to limit its propagation but so that I can keep track of how many people are actually downloading it (as ammunition for my pleas to Intel). I am sure that there are people who have passed the link along to others (it's so sure to happen that I don't even ask people not to - but I wish they wouldn't since I can't track it then). Since Jan. 6th, I have provided the link to 83 (7260/3160) people (that I know of). That's an average of 1.9 people every day asking for access. 

If you are looking for a way of giving back, why not make a donation to the Internet Archive? Al Hill (who's a wizard at finding stuff in these site archives) and I have used it literally hundreds of times to ferret out something that a user cannot find any longer.

Gotta run; I see that request #84 just arrived in my inbox...    ;^)

...S

0 Kudos
girder
Novice

Thanks for the reply!

As someone who already uses the Internet Archive a lot, I had already been considering donating a bit more to support them and their efforts.

I think I'll chip in a bit more, then.

0 Kudos