Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7439 Discussions

Latest driver for intel dual band wireless-n 7260 Win 10 64bit

ckrause
Novice

Hello,

I´m looking for the latest driver for the Intel dual band wireless-n 7260 for Windows 10 64bit. The official support pages are not available (404). It would be very nice if anyone could tell me a download link. (f.e. url )

Thanks and best regards,

Christian

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Check your Private messages.

...S

View solution in original post

649 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Eris-stoff@Sponge-Bomb and @racastor

Check your Private Message inbox for instructions. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are actually requestors 51, 52 and 53, all since Jan. 6th.

Macleaysb
Beginner

Hi Scott,

I see that many of us have the AC7260 driver issue in Win10x64. My Dell laptop cannot see an AX router, but other devices can. Can you send this to me as well?

Thank much!

0 Kudos
Yorg
Beginner

I need to re-install the AC 7260 driver on an old Windows 8.1 64-bit laptop.

The 'WiFi_Intel_Win81_64_VER17015' driver install package on this site is installing a driver dated 2014 and is crashing. I'm pretty sure what I had last installed was more recent, dated 2019 (maybe through Windows updates), but I was trying to solve a problem and uninstalled it, not realizing I can't easily get access to it again. 

If you have something for Win8.1 x64, I'd really like to try it out. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Yorg
Beginner

I forgot to mention, if I could also get the Win10 x64 driver, it would be much appreciated. I've been unsuccessful on a couple of attempts at upgrading that laptop to Win10 because of some update failure, but if I ever succeed, it would be good to have the corresponding AC 7260 driver.

0 Kudos
Yorg
Beginner

So, I managed to get myself sorted out by using the Microsoft Windows update catalog. For anyone else interested in trying this, you can go to https://catalog.update.microsoft.com and search for 'AC 7260' and any other keywords for your setup. I also used the freeware 'Snappy Driver Installer Origin' to detect the missing driver (after I uninstalled it) and show the hardware IDs to add to the keyword search to narrow it down but that might not be necessary. I just wanted to be totally sure I was getting compatible drivers. There were a number of versions to pick from dating back to 2013. I picked the latest driver 18.33.17.1 dated 2019-04-29 and things are working okay now.

Scott, I still wouldn't mind getting whatever latest you have for Win8.1 and Win10, just in case. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Bouzoo
Beginner

Any chance to receive them as well?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Macleaysb@Yorg and @racastor,

Check your Private Message inbox for instructions. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are requestors 57, 58 and 59, all since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
Joggio
Beginner

Hi Scott!

Could you send the download link to me as well?
Maybe upload the link to this forum?

Thank you!

With Regards

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

And we hit 60.

@JoggioCheck your Private Message inbox for instructions. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

0 Kudos
RaczQ
Beginner

Hi, Scott

I'm really sorry to bother you with, what I think is #63rd request, but I just can't find those drivers anywhere else. If you could send me newest drivers for "Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260" that would be great! I am really disappointed with Intel for removing downloads for discontinued products. In my case, my cousin was considering buying new laptop only because his laptop does not detect new wifi network. He's not tech-savvy and I believe that there are more people with similar problems. You are really saving peoples money and older working devices from being thrown out, thank you for that!

0 Kudos
roshanrbb
Beginner

Can we make it 61 and if you could shoot me a PM with the instructions too? 

Thanks for the assistance in advance

0 Kudos
LMA2
Beginner

Sorry #62 please, Intel dropped the ball on this one ! USB\VID_8087&PID_07DC\6&3826BF46&0&2, FOR WINDOWS 10 X 64

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@roshanrbb@LMA2 and @RaczQ

...S

P.S. You are actually requestors 62, 63 and 64, all since Jan. 6th.

kristo
Beginner

I'd also like the latest driver for Windows 10 and the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260.  I'm having all kinds of trouble finding it anywhere.  I reloaded Windows 10 on my laptop and it's now my wireless is unstable. Thanks a ton!

Kris

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@kristoand @swill321 

...S

P.S. You are requestors 65 and 66, all since Jan. 6th.

Devastator0
Beginner
Hi,

I would also very much like to be provided with a link and/or instructions on how to obtain these drivers.

Cheers!
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

...S

P.S. You are requestor 72 since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
kathi7486
Beginner

Hello Scott,

could you help me out too?

Thank you very very much.

0 Kudos
swill321
Beginner

To all users experiencing Wifi Connectivity issues with AC 7260, If you happen to be running Sophos Connect on an HP laptop, Sophos has a fix (disabling the HP Wifi/LAN Switching Service) that was my issue (in addition to an old driver).

SOPHOS CONNECT HP COMPUTER dropping Wifi with Intel Wifi AC 7260: 

Run > Enter text services.msc > Press Enter

Locate HP/LAN/WLAN/WWAN Switching UWP Service > Right Click - Properties

General Tab - Start-up Type: > Change drop down to "Disabled"

Also a shout out to Scott for assisting myself and so many others with the latest drivers! Thank you Scott.

n_scott_pearson
Super User

@pjoswald82 and @kathi7486

...S

P.S. You are requestors 73 and 74 since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
pjoswald82
Beginner
0 Kudos