Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Looks like the v18.20 drivers are now up for download...

BB4
New Contributor II

...how about updating the Wireless Drivers for IT Admins link, too, fellas?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello GattoNero,

We are checking on your request and will provide an update as soon as we have it available.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello GattoNero,

Please check your private messages.

0 Kudos
DDary
Novice

Is there also supposed to be a more recent driver for the Bluetooth? I installed 18.20.0 for the wireless-ac 7260, but the most recent Bluetooth driver won't install.

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello darylm,

The most recent version of the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology is 17.1.1529.1613, however, there are different installation files depending on the OS. The download links for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 can be obtained in the following location:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75439/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260 Intel® Download Center

If you are having any problems installing the driver, please review the /community/tech/wireless/content Wireless Networking communities, you might find a solution in an existing thread. If the issue persists and you are not able to locate a thread related to your specific issue, please create a new one so the community can help with your situation.
0 Kudos
DDary
Novice

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for the reply. I understand how the intel driver download website works, with respect to selecting drivers for specific products and operating system versions. My point is that the website lists the latest drivers for the wireless and Bluetooth for my operating system, but the latest Bluetooth driver will not install. It appears to be a bug or else there is some other undocumented requirement.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello darylm,

The driver should install if the OS and adapter are supported with that release. It seems your issue may be different from the one originally mentioned in this thread.

Please check the /community/tech/wireless/content Wireless Networking communities. If there are no threads related to your issue, please create a new one so the community can help with your situation.

When creating a new thread, please provide as much information as possible. PC model, adapter model, driver you are trying to install, OS version, error message shown, etc.

0 Kudos
DDary
Novice

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your reply. Since my past post, a newer version of the Bluetooth driver was released, 17.1.1531.1764 (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25137/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-Windows-7-64-bit-WP- Intel® Download Center). This driver installs properly. The previous version doesn't seem to be available anymore. I think the problem was with the driver. Nothing else changed.

Also, the driver update utility is recommending the latest wireless and Bluetooth drivers to install, but it's still confused about the versions that are actually installed:

As you can see, the driver update utility is confusing the version of the wireless driver for the version of the Bluetooth driver.

The versions that are installed are the following:

Here is what add or remove programs is showing:

Here is what the device manager is showing:

Intel could make life a lot easier if consistent file naming and driver version numbers were used.

Regards.

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello darylm,

The Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology that you have currently installed are up to date.

We appreciate your feedback about Intel® Driver Update Utility and will notify the proper resources about the mismatch and reporting, so this can be fixed.

0 Kudos