Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Loss of Wifi connection after Apr. 08 install of ProSet

idata
Employee

Ever since April 8 when the new ProSet wireless download became available, and I downloaded and installed it, every time my screen turns off, I lose my wireless connection. The only way I can regain my connection is to right click the icon and troubleshoot problems...after about a minute of Windows Network Diagnostics doing it's thing, I am online again. Until the next time my screen goes off or I shut down or whatever.

I used to use sleep mode but turned that off in hopes that this would solve my problem. No. I have always run on High Performance and have settings so that my wireless adapter is never allowed to be turned off.

I have tried System Restore to go back to when I did not have this ProSET wireless installed. The System Restore claimed success (and said prior that the various ProSet items would be deleted), but lo-and-behold the problem persisted and the ProSET wireless box still appears in my lower right hand corner. I have updated drivers with no success as well.

Also, I have tried disabling both the ProSet and the WLAN auto config using the Services utility (separately) with no success.

I have a second laptop without the ProSET business installed and that runs and stays connected just fine.

The computer I am having problems on is an ASUS GS74SX, running Windows 7 64bit, with an Intel Centrino Wireless-N 6150.

Please help ...it is making me crazy...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Thank you for your post, sorry to hear that you are experiencing quite some trouble after the driver update.

If you haven't already, try downloading the latest drivers that the Asus* has available, save them then go ahead and uninstall the software and drivers currently installed:

Note: Do not restart your computer until you followed all the steps bellow. This will clean all profiles from your system and network passwords will need to be re-entered.

1- Remove the Intel® PROSet software from Control Panel\uninstall Programs if present, and select not to save any Profiles or user data.

2- Go to Start right-click on computer\click on properties\then on the top left click device manager\ "Network Adapters"\Double-Click the adapter name\Drivers Tab and click on the "Uninstall Drivers" button.

3- Install the drivers you downloaded earlier from Asus.

Something good to know is that wireless adapters are customized for each computer. (This to make sure that they are and stay compliant with FCC and IEEE regulations) this is why we only offer generic drivers.

0 Kudos