Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7426 Discussions

MAC problems with AC-7265

PChar4
Beginner

Hello. I've got problem with MAC filter in router. When I add my MAC adress, I've got communicate that "MAC adress can't be multicast". My WiFi modem was replaced with a new one under warranty. With a previous one I had no problems (with MAC). Please help.

I want to manually enter a MAC address to include it in list of ALLOWED devices, but I have this problem

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Pawel.1991,

We understand you would like to add the MAC address of your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 to your routers whitelist of devices, but are receiving an error.

Issues like these are generally router sided. In some cases, this can happen if the MAC of your adapter is too new for your router to recognize it as valid.

1. What is the brand and model of your wireless router?

2. Is your router using the latest firmware available?

3. Are you using the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005559/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html latest set of drivers for your adapter?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Pawel.1991,

We haven't heard back from you.

Have you been able to add your adapter's MAC address to your router's access list?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
PChar4
Beginner

I have linksys cisco WAG54G2.

Yes, router has got the newest firmware.

Yes, firmware AC-7265 is up to date.

When I add MAC adress to access list, I've got this problem.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Pawel.1991,

Thank you for this information.

As suspected, this is very likely a router issue. Our best recommendation here will be to upgrade to a newer Wireless N or AC capable wireless router.

Your current Linksys* router is a Wireless-G (802.11g) gateway, this is a 2002 legacy standard. It's common for older routers to have issues recognizing newer MAC addresses as valid, resulting in error messages such as yours.

This router will also greatly limit your adapter's performance. The maximum connection rate on 802.11g is 54 Mbps, as opposed to 867 Mbps if you connect to an 802.11ac network.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/pdf/next-gen-80211ac-wifi-for-dummies.pdf More information.

We hope this helps.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos