Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Microsoft Bluetooth 3600 mouse falls asleep every 1-3 minutes

Aleksandr3600
Beginner

Windows 11, NUC MSI Cubi N 8 GL, Pentium N5000 processor, 3168 NGW chipset, Intel(r) Bluetooth(r) Wireless drivers latest from the website version 20.100.10.6.

Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile mouse 3600 falls asleep every 1-3 minutes. When I move the mouse after sleep, the cursor wakes up after 1-2 seconds. In the bluetooth properties mouce's state changes from "connected" to "paired". Also it disappeared from device manager when goes to sleep state. It's very annoying to wake up mouse every few minutes.

The solution found on the Internet did not help. Tried to add settings:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_8087&PID_0026\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_8087&PID_0AA7\5&32d61c95&0&8\ Device Parameters]
"DeviceSelectiveSuspended"=dword:00000000
"SelectiveSuspendEnabled"=keyword:00000000
"SelectiveSuspendSupported"=dword:00000000
As a result only "Power Management" tab disappeared in the "Intel(r) Wireless Bluetooth(r)" properties. The mouse still falls asleep.

Also tried to uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the "HID device compatible with GATT Bluetooth" properties. NUC rebooted after each change. No success. The mouse also still falls asleep.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello Aleksandr3600,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Was it working before? When did the issue start happening?
  2. Did it work on Windows* 10?
  3. Have you reported the issue to Microsoft*?

Also, please download and install the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Aleksandr3600
Beginner

1. This behavior of the mouse and computer has always been.
2. Initially, Windows 10 was installed on the computer. And the mouse fell asleep in the same way, on all versions of the Bluetooth drivers (I updated them periodically).
3. I didn't report this to Microsoft. I'm not sure if this is a Windows problem. Perhaps the problem should be reported to MSI. But in the BIOS settings, I didn't find any mention of Bluetooth power saving. I found only EuP 2013 parameter, changed it to on and off. But it is only for standby mode power saving. The behavior still same.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Aleksandr3600,

Thank you for the information provided, in this case, please try using a different Bluetooth mouse and check if it has similar behavior. In case it doesn't, this could mean that the 3600 mouse could be the root cause of the issue, either due to OS settings or design features. 

Our recommendation is to check with Microsoft* for support on their device, it is important for you to know that the device is compatible with Windows* 10, however, since the issue was also present with this OS, it is the recommendation to check it with Microsoft*. 

Hope this information is useful, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos