Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Missing bluetooth driver in device manager

Jerry300
Beginner

I'm missing the bluetooth driver in my win10 device manager. I have downloaded the driver from intel and installed it but still no driver in device manager

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Jerry300,

We're gonna need a bit more information to be able to assist you. Did the Bluetooth ever work on this PC? And what type of PC do you have? And what wireless and Bluetooth adapter is installed? And what operating system do you have?

For laptops, typically, there is a keyboard option to easily disable and enable Bluetooth. A lot of times people accidentally disable Bluetooth with a keyboard sequence and don't even realize what happened until Bluetooth is missing.

0 Kudos
Jerry300
Beginner

I tried to reply to your email but it came back undeliverable.  So I will try here. The PC is an HP Probook 6470b with win 10. I bought the PC used and never tired to use a Bluetooth device until recently and found it did not work and there was no Bluetooth driver in the device manager. I downloaded bt_22.60.0_64_win10 from in intel web site and installed it but no driver showed up in the device manager. When you go to setting, Bluetooth and other devices, there is no switch to turn Bluetooth on or off. I have run Bluetooth services and that did not help. To your question what Bluetooth adapter is on the unit, I do not know. 

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Jerry300,

I looked through the manual for your laptop. Apparently that model has an optional Bluetooth component. The Bluetooth compartment and module are first referenced on pages 25 and 26 of the manual. On page 38, the manual references Bluetooth Module 4.0 EDR.

It is possible your laptop doesn't have the Bluetooth module. And if you do have the Bluetooth module, the next step would be to go into BIOS and make sure the Bluetooth module is activated.

You can find the manual for your laptop at this link: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03564727

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Not a good practice showing your email address. I suggest you edit message and remove it. People can contact you through replies or via the Private Message capability here.

...S

0 Kudos
Jerry300
Beginner

I'm done with this , thanks

0 Kudos