Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7352 Discussions

My HP Pavilion laptop: with Intel AC3160 wireless card installed; does not have an 802.11AC wireless mode selection in the configure box.k

MCarn2
Beginner

Can anyone help with the configuration of my HP Pavilion laptop wireless mode?

This brand new computer with Intel AC3160 wireless card installed does not have an 802.11AC selection in the Wireless Mode selection box.

I have spent over 1 hour with HP support. The answer was 1) complete restore to factory after removing my personal files. 2) There is no selection in the wireless mode selection box but you are getting close to the max speed promised (444 Mbps).

I have windows 8.1 (64 bit) installed on the computer.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Heydoc,

In this case that you have an Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 and based on the description of your issue, please follow the following steps:

1 - Access Control Panel >> Device Manager >> Network Adapters

2 - Select the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 and right click on it.

3 - From the dialog box that opens after you right clicked on it, select Properties.

4 - Once Properties open, select the tab that says Advanced and from the options select HT mode and change the value to VHT mode.

Additionally, we would like for you to take a look at this link as it contains very useful information that might help you as well: https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/80211ac-wifi-for-dummies.html 802.11ac Wi-Fi for Dummies

Let us know if this helped you.