Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

My Intel 9620 Wireless + Bluetooth combo doesn't show an option to turn on the bluetooth in W10.

SPera1
Beginner

I've tried a lot of things, clean install included but my pc still refuses to recognize that i have a bluetooth chip at all.

I also attach the log for my pc...

Can someone please point me in the right direction? is the chip faulty or i did something wrong?

The chip is installed trough a pci-e adaptor in a desktop station, wifi works perfectly

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello SPera1, Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. If you are unable to turn on Bluetooth in Windows*, this could be happening because the Intel® Wireless adapter is not set up properly. Based on the information provided in this thread, it seems that you are using an external PCIe adapter which could also cause connectivity issue. To confirm this information we would like to have the following details about your configuration: 1. Was the Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 already pre-installed in the system? 2. What is the model of the PCI card that you mentioned? 3. Is there any error code in Device Manager or any unknown device listed? We also recommend following these steps to complete the clean installation of the wireless drivers: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html You can use the drivers provided by the motherboard manufacturer if available or the one provided in our Intel® Download Center: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/99445/Intel-Wireless-AC-9260 Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SPera1
Beginner

1: No, I assembled the pc from 0, I needed a stable bluetooth connection that allowed low latency so I opted for this, and since my motherboard has only b-key m.2 slots, I went for a pcie adapter

2: this is the adapter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F885Q1J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3: no unknown device appear in the section (or at all), not even a bluetooth category, but i can see the Wireless connection of the 9260 under the network card family and it works flawlessly.

As I've said, I've already tried a clean installation, it didn't change anything

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello SPera1 This behavior can be happening because of a not supported hardware setting on the system in this case we recommend contacting the motherboard manufacturer and also bear in mind that the integrations on the system are not supported by Intel you can find more information on the Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html). Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello SPera1 Have you been able to contact the OEM? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SPera1
Beginner

MSI doesn't give support to third party accessories.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello SPera1 Unfortunately the issue seems to be related to the integration BIOS and Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the environment. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SPera1
Beginner

Ok, I think I got this.

As I was browsing for alternatives, I stumbled upon your ​7265 as a all in one solution, meaning it is sold together the adaptor.

This solution has also a secondary data cable (an internal usb2.0, the ones that plug into the motherboard) that is supposed to transmit the Bluetooth data.

I figured out that probably Bluetooth data couldn't travel via pcie on the particular adaptor i had, and a secondary connection just for Bluetooth is required.

So that's why probably everything was fine with WiFi but not Bluetooth.

​​I wanted to post this to anyone reading in the future with my same problem: find a pcie adaptor that explicitly supports Bluetooth, don't get a generic WiFi m.2 adaptor

Thanks​

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello SPera1 Thank you for sharing the testing that you have performed, I hope this information would be hopeful to the community. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
bdile
Beginner

try blocking the pin shown in the pic below

0 Kudos
agggg
Novice

Interesting idea. What is that pin for?

0 Kudos
bdile
Beginner

The bluetooth switch. Manufacture don't want you to update your machine, rather they want you to buy a new machine. Therefore power to this switch will deactivate bluetooth. A poor attempt to force you to buy a new one... At lease that's how it was explained to me. A piece of tape and an exacto knife and boom... bluetooth..

0 Kudos