Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

My Intel dual band wireless AC3160 Network Adapter is flashing in and out following recent Microsoft Win10 updates: Is there a new driver in the works? If so, when is it expected? If not, any suggestions?

GSchu8
Beginner

I am running Win10 build 1809 on Intel Core i-7 5500-U CPU.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You might want to try reinstalling the latest drivers. Use this process:

1. Download latest drivers (both Wireless and Bluetooth) and place somewhere convenient on system's drives.
  2. Disconnect the system from the internet. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable Wireless.
  3. Uninstall the current Wireless and Bluetooth drivers.
  4. Reboot (keeping internet disconnected).
  5. Install the drivers you downloaded previously (important: Bluetooth then Wireless).
  6. Reboot.
  7. Reconnect the system to the internet.
  8. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
GSchu8
Beginner

Thanks but...no joy. I have disabled the onboard 3160 and am (temporarily, I hope) using a USB dongle for wireless network connections. The work-around is performing at 100% over 16 hours where the 3160 was dropping out about every 3 to 5 minutes.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Intel Customer Support will need to look into this further.

...S​

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello GSchu8, To better assist you, we would like to gather the following information: 1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application in your computer. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click "Scan" to see system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. 2. Did the Intel® Wireless Adapter come preinstalled on your computer? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello GSchu8, If you need further assistance, please let us know. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
GSchu8
Beginner

Hello WannerG,

Thank you for responding.

The Intel Wireless Adapter AC-3160 came pre-installed; the problems are now resolved as a result of a new driver that was pushed to me via Intel Support Assist on 5/29/19. The Release Date of the driver shows as 4/29/19 but it was not previously available to me via either Intel Support or Dell Support. The new driver was downloaded I uninstalled my workaround (Realtek Wireless AC USB), installed the new driver and rebooted.

My Intel Wireless AC-3160 is again in working order and the earth may continue to rotate.

Thanks again.

G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello GSchu8,

If you have further questions, please contact us back.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello GSchu8,

We are glad to know that the issue was resolved.

Regards,

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos