Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

My computer doesnt connect in 802.1n with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265

SKarc
Beginner

Hello

I have a computer with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 this card is connected on wifi in 802.1g.

My other device are connected in 802.1n on my router.

The driver is in version,19.51

Whats the problem for connected this card with 802.1n protocol?

Thanks

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Samuel44,

We understand that your system, which includes an Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265, is connecting to 802.11g instead of 802.11n.

In order to better assist you, we would like to gather some more information. Please download and run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Intel® System Support Utility (while connected to your network) and share the resulting report with us.

To enable file attachments, you will need to switch to the advanced editor mode while replying.

Just to confirm, are the devices connected at 802.11n part of the same network as the affected system?

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
SKarc
Beginner

I have a Dell computer with same wireless card, and 2 smartphone on same network, all devices are connected in 802.1n protocol.

I join the logs

Cordialy

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Samuel44,

Thanks for sharing the requested file.

Was your system connected to the network when the logs were created? The file is missing relevant network information such as protocol (802.11 type), signal strength, channel, etc. If this is the case, please create a new log while connected to the network and share it with us again.

Otherwise, there's another log we can use, named WLAN Report. Here's how to create it and where to found it:

- Open an elevated/administrator CMD.

- Type command netsh wlan show wlanreport and press Enter.

- The result will show the location of the log. Please bear in mind that the folder might be hidden.

- You can find a visual step by step guide with more details on how to get the WLAN report https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/47080-create-wlan-report-windows-10-a.html here.

NOTE: Links to third party sites are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
SKarc
Beginner

Here the logs

The computer is connected at the lan in 802.1g at this moment

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Samuel44,

Thanks for the logs.

The WLAN report log shows that the system is connected to 802.11g. From the same report, we noticed the security setting for this wireless network is WPA/TKIP. Even though 802.11n is backwards compatible with older security protocols, its speed gets limited to 54 Mbps (which is the maximum speed for 802.11g).

We recommend accessing your router settings and change the security type to a newer standard, such as WPA2/AES.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
SKarc
Beginner

Ok i test it, but why other devices works perfectly with wpa-psk in 802.1n?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Samuel44,

Thanks for your reply. Please let us know if the issue persists after changing the security settings.

As for other devices, we're not sure how can they be working faster than 54 Mbps using legacy security settings such as WPA-PSK. Maybe they just report being connected at a 802.11n network, but the speed is still limited.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Samuel44,

We haven't heard from your in while. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
SKarc
Beginner

Hello

Its good, with wpa2 the speed is correct

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Samuel44,

Thanks for confirming the solution. It is good to know your wireless connection speed is working as expected now.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos