Wireless
Issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
6419 Discussions

Mysterious WiMax 6250 Device Cannot Find Driver

HopWorks
Beginner
I have an older Toshiba laptop - Satelite M645-S4070 part number PSMPBU-00R01R running Windows 10 Pro Build 18363. I have an Intel Centrino Advanced-N+WiMax 6250 device in my device manager that is listed as OTHER that has no driver available. I still have wireless and lan capabilities because I also have it listed as ok under my network adapters as Intel Centrino Advanced-N+WiMax 6250 AGN along with numerous other devices. I tried the Intel Driver and Support Assistant and all I got back was one driver needed for memory and storage tool. Under network and I/O, everything looks fine... NETWORKING AND I/O Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6250 AGN Npcap Loopback Adapter VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet1 VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet8 I am trying to get bluetooth to work and I suspect that is part of my 'OTHER' device issues. How can I fix this? Hardware IDs for the 'OTHER' WiMax device is USB\VID_8086&PID_0186&REV_0000 USB\VID_8086&PID_0186 Let me know if I need to include more. Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

You need a driver that, due to this adapter being discontinued, is no longer available on the Intel site. Luckily, I made a backup. I will send you an IM with download instructions.

...S

View solution in original post

16 Replies
n_scott_pearson

You need a driver that, due to this adapter being discontinued, is no longer available on the Intel site. Luckily, I made a backup. I will send you an IM with download instructions.

...S

FrankA
Novice

Hello, 

I am looking for " Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N + WiMax 6250 " driver and I was not able to find it on the internet, Can you help me out.

n_scott_pearson

I am sending you download instructions via IM.

...S

FrankA
Novice

Thank you, but where I can find IM, Sorry for my question I am new to this chat 

n_scott_pearson

Click on the little mailbox icon on the community banner. It should have a little red circle on it indicating message(s) waiting.

...S

VicenteR
Beginner

Hi, Scott, can you share the driver to me...

tfc002
Beginner

Any chance i could have the file please

Huichol69
Beginner

I have problem with,  " Intrel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N + WiMax 6250 " driver can you helpme Scott, please.

Arkangel
Beginner

Scott, any chance I can also get that wi-max driver from you?

Thanks in advance.

n_scott_pearson

I will send you link via PM. I am presuming you need just Windows 10 x64 version?

...S

Kugonza
Beginner

Hi, i have the same problem.

I have a HP Pavilion with an " Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N + WiMax 6250 " driver and I was not able to find it on the internet, How can i be assisted?

n_scott_pearson

I will send you link via PM. I am presuming you need just Windows 10 x64 version?

...S

n_scott_pearson

...S

FranOK
Beginner

Hi Scott, any chance I can also get that wi-max driver from you?

I have exactly the same problem!!

Thanks in advance.

FranOK
Beginner

Windows 10 x64 version

n_scott_pearson

I am sending you a private message; check your messages.

...S