Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

N-6230, Bluetooth drivers, and high ping on wifi

idata
Employee

Hi everybody

I recently bought an Intel N-6230 card to upgrade the one inside my laptop. It's an Asus K-53SV with Win7 Ultimate x64 installed on it.

I have two issues:

1. Bluetooth Peripheral Device drivers not found.

The ICS Bluetooth package from the Intel download site seemed to install all but three peripherals. One is the modem and the second is the file transfer device (I'm guessing, as these functions don't show up in the application suite). Not sure what the third is. Windows update throws up a blank. Is there a second source or something I'm missing?

2. High ping.

This is an odd one. When in 5GHz mode, and when really close to the router (-60dB or better), usage of any high-bandwidth application slows the ping down to about 1000ms, both to the router/AP and to computers on the network. Switching to 2.4GHz immediately fixes this. As does moving away physically. Not that I normally use the laptop this way, but it's driving me nuts trying to figure out why this happens and how it might be fixed.

Thanks fr your help!

Sangram

India.s

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

For # 1, Did you download & Install the Bluetooth stack from Intel site?
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi

I guess I did. Actually, I'm pretty certain I did.

It doesn't install the device.

After digging around a bit in the hardware registers it seems to be a device specific to android phones for development purposes (the so-called ADB driver) and I have left it disabled. BT is still really buggy and quirky, have all but given up on it.

0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

Please check "Program and Features" by clicking on "Uninstall a program" from the Control Panel for "Intel PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth(R) Technology". Click on it to see the version at the bottom of the Window. It should read "Product version: 2.2.x.x".

If you have a older version, please install the latest version from here for your OS (x64) and reboot.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21713&keyword=bluetooth&lang=eng http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21713&keyword=bluetooth&lang=eng

You will see "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" entries in Device Manager if you have any Bluetooth devices paired already, and if any of them have Bluetooth services (usually some custom services) not supported by Intel Bluetooth Stack.

-----

Disclaimer: Not speaking for Intel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you

Mine read 1.01xxxx.

I'll report back once I get the newer version going.

0 Kudos