Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7439 Discussions

NUC model D54250WYKH, Windows 10/64 Pro, Wireless-AC 7260, Bluetooth cannot discover devices

MDyso
Beginner

Newly-assembled NUC with the latest Win10/64 and the 7260 wireless card. Windows is fully updated, all drivers have been carefully manually updated one at a time to the latest (because the Intel driver update utility is broken and does not install drivers nor recognize when they are current), and the BIOS is flashed to the latest version as of today, 18 December 2015. Wireless 18.21.0 both driver executable and then software executable installed, in that order.

Wi fi works fine. System windows show BT is active and claim everything is working. The NUC can not discover any BT devices, nor is it, itself, discoverable. I can see the devices I tried on two different Macs as well as an iPad so they are definitely discoverable. Devices tried: Apple wireless bluetooth keyboard, Apple Magic Mouse, and the aforementioned iPad in wi fi hotspot mode. Again, each device is easily discovered by both Macs but the NUC apparently cannot see anything.

I have googled and read countless forum posts about trying to pair the Apple keyboard, and none of those suggestions help, yet this keyboard is simply a standard BT keyboard and others with other PC models pair them with no issue. From what I can tell the NUC with that card is simply blind to BT devices.

Any ideas or suggestions that I haven't already exhausted? Rather frustrated after burning most of a day on this with zero results.

Many thanks in advance!

Mark

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Spinland,

Is you Bluetooth-related issue happening only with Apple* keyboard and mouse or with any other device regardless the brand?

0 Kudos
MDyso
Beginner

Morning, Aleki, thanks for responding.

This NUC is the only non-Apple device in the whole studio. It should not matter, Bluetooth is a universal standard just like wi-fi and USB and should be working regardless of the device manufacturer. Your support pages on this site even cite the Apple wireless keyboard as compatible with limited functionality. Limited is fine but this NUC cannot even discover it, nor can it be discovered.

I have all the latest drivers and BIOS installed and there are no error messages or trouble indications, the NUC is simply blind to Bluetooth.

0 Kudos
MDyso
Beginner

This has become a moot point, as I've installed Synergy on the NUC as well as on my main Mac Pro so now I can share the same Apple keyboard and mouse seamlessly between the two machines. I no longer have a need for Bluetooth so I'm putting this issue to bed.

Thanks for your time!

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Spinland,

Thank you for your information. Should have any further questions or doubts, please do not hesitate to contact us.

0 Kudos