I updated the BIOS of my HP Elitebook 840 G1. After the BIOS update I cannot connect to the internet (neither wireless nor ethernet). My PC is completely locked and the only way to start this up, is in a SAFE MODE. Cannot run the EXE file in a safe mode, so I need the driver file to update the driver from within the device manager utility.
Is there any way to get just the driver file?
To perform a driver only installation you can download the IT Administrator version of our Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and drivers.
Once you download and extract this package, you'll be able to point device manager to the extracted folder for a driver only installation. This should work, so long as you're using Safe Mode with Networking.
1. Download the latest IT Admin package, within this link you'll need to select the version for your respective OS: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27206/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-IT-Ad... Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for IT Admins Ver 20.0.2
2. Extract the compressed folder to a known location.
3. Open device manager.
1. Press the Windows* Key + R to open the RUN dialog.
2. Type: "devmgmt.msc"
3. Press OK.
4. Expand the Network Adapters category, locate your Intel® Wireless-N 7260.
5. Right click your adapter, select to "Update Driver Software.."
6. Click on the option to "Locate and install driver software manually.", point the wizard to the location where you extracted the IT Admin package.
We haven't heard back from you in a while. We hope that your issue has been resolved.
Please let us know if you need any further assistance.