Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Need an advise on Choosing the best wireless technology

intr
Beginner

I have a set of 20 buttons labeled with 1,2,3,etc in an 5X4 array. For an example, say Elevator Buttons.

Right now all the buttons (1,2,3,4,..etc) are connected using RS232 protocol based wiring.

We want to avoid these wiring mechanism.

So how can I implement the best wireless technology to know which elevator button is pressed and what would be the best architecture to implement (Master controller –Slave elevator buttons or etc..)?

All the electronics circuitry right behind these buttons are enclosed in a rectangular metallic box.

So should I consider any interference effect?

Among BLE, WiFi, Xbee and LoRa, which one should I pick up?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

3000023291951.568702118540478E12, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

For this specific scenario, in order to gather the most accurate details and the proper assistance in reference to your inquiry, what we advise is to get in contact directly with a network engineer for him/her to provide the recommendations and suggestions you are asking for.

Just to let you know, the support provided in the Intel® Communities is related to Intel® Wireless cards that you can always see in the following link:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/series/59484/intel-wireless-products.html

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos