Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7440 Discussions

Need driver files for 8260 AC...

GBurn1
Beginner

Trying to do a system restore using Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials. I have a client machine which I am trying to restore that has Wireless networking only using the 8260 AC. The restore wizard on the client boots from a USB key and needs to scan the USB key for the driver files (.dlls, .sys, etc.). The standard driver for the 8260 AC that I've downloaded is a folder with 2 exes (DPInst64.exe and iprodifx.exe) and a series of .cat, .inf, .sys, and .dat files. I tried using this folder with the restore wizard and the restore wizard couldn't getting the network going with this (as expected...). I need the files that the OS would use. For another client that uses the Intel I217-V I found the files for a driver and can get the restore wizard to go.

I tried looking at DPInst64.exe /? and iprodifx.exe /? to see if I could get them to generate or leave the files behind; no luck.

Where do I find driver files for the 8260 AC?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Yaamon60,

Did you download the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26469 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for IT Admins (Version 19.20.3)?

If so, in the compressed file you will be able to find the drivers (Netwsw01, Netwsw02, etc).

But keep in mind that these drivers are for Windows* 7, 8.1, and/or 10.

If you're looking for drivers that will apply for Windows Server*, or Windows* PE, these will not work. And regrettably, we do not currently have an option for these operating system versions. Perhaps the machine was making do using inbox drivers?

Additionally, the drivers we provide are generic versions. Adapters get modified and have features customized by each system manufacturer, you may want to consider contacting them to see if they can provide the files you're looking for.

- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Yaamon60,

We're following up on your thread since we have not heard back from you.

Has your issue been resolved already? Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

0 Kudos