Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Need '.inf' driver from WiFi6 AX200 for recovery USB media

Jordie
Beginner

I upgraded my Dell XPS desktop computer and 2 Dell laptops with the Wireless M.2 2230 kit Intel WiFi 6 AX200 (Gig+) - Intel AX200.NGWG.DTK

All are working as designed (super!).

The 3 computers had been backed up successfully by Synology Active Backup for Business.

I am now getting the NETWORK DRIVER NOT DETECTED when booting with the Recovery USB Media.

I had created recovery USB sticks for each computer and I am now creating new ones with the new WiFi 6 AX200 M.2 card.

I want the Recovery USB media tested and ready before any unforeseen disaster.

The Synology Active Backup for Business Recovery Media Creator suggests to go to the manufacturer to find the '.inf' driver and copy it to the Recovery USB media.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello Jordie,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. 

In this case, you may find some useful information regarding the INF file in our article "New Setup Information File (INF) support for Intel® Wireless Drivers (Driver Package Version 21.90.X or Newer)" 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056509/wireless.html

You can download the zip files that contain the files you need at the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18231/684774/intel-proset-wireless-software-and-drivers-for-it-admins.html

Regards,

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jordie
Beginner

Thank you very much Josue O.

The Synology Active Backup for Business Recovery Wizard recognized the Netwtw08.INF file and the wizard's 'Load Drivers' installed the appropriate drivers and added the  Inter(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz to the recovery wizard's 'Network adapter driver list'.

A milestone for me; I have been at it for a couple of days. Thank you!

The setup information and the zip file I could not find taught me something new regarding drivers.

Unfortunately the Synology Active Backup for Business Recovery Wizard did not change the network status so I will work with Synology on that.

Thank you and Happy New Year 2022!

Regards

Jordie

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Jordie,

I am glad to hear that the information provided was useful and that you could perform the steps you needed to. Regarding the issue with the tool, please check with the developer for any troubleshooting steps regarding this situation. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos