Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7443 Discussions

Need the 802.11 RF power output levels for the Intel 8260 adapter for the five power settings defined in the 18.12.2.2 driver. Can someone somewhere help me out here?

DMapl
Beginner

All: I am finishing a design which requires that I do a rigorous link budget for the Intel 8260 adapter. I can find the maximum RF output level, but I really need to know all five. Intel doesn't provide this data anywhere (I'd have thought it was written down somewhere, but I can't find it). Can someone out there help me out?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello arclight_arclight,

We understand you're looking for some regulatory documents for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260.

As you may already be aware, this information is not publicly available, as it is considered privileged information.

Our suggestion in this case will be to contact your Sales or Field Representative, as they will be your main resource. You may also reach out to our http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/resource-design-center.html Resource & Design Center.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
DMapl
Beginner

Carlos: No, I don't want the regulatory information. I have already seen it, and it doesn't tell me what I want to know.

What I really need to know, if I can't know all five settings, is just the EIRP when the user selects the minimum.

If I need to request this formally, and you can give me the correct POC, I will work it through the appropriate formal channels.

0 Kudos
DMapl
Beginner

Carlos: I do appreciate your answering, even if I didn't get the info I needed.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello arclight_arclight,

We understand what you're looking for. I simply worded that response very poorly, apologies for that.

I've been trying to locate this information for you, however this type of output report will be highly dependent on the overall hardware configuration used (chasis materials, which antennas are used, etc).

Please check your private messages, as I've shared a link that may be helpful to you.

If the adapter is being used in an OEM system, then the computer manufacturer will be your main point of contact. If you are a system builder or developer, then our sales team should be able to provide the information you're requesting (Sales rep, R&D Center).

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos