Wireless
Issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
5741 Discussions

Netgear Wifi router WGR614 and Wifi card Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG : no internet connection

idata
Community Manager

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"FuturaA Bk BT"; panose-1:2 11 5 2 2 2 4 2 3 3; mso-font-alt:"Times New Roman"; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:135 0 0 0 27 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:justify; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"FuturaA Bk BT"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; color:navy; mso-ansi-language:FR; mso-fareast-language:FR;} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:# 606420; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} p {mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0cm; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0cm; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.highlight {mso-style-name:highlight;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Hi,

I have a Netgear Wifi router WGR614 V6 installed as a switch on my ADSL router which operate correctly with 2 PC's connected : one tower (on which a Wifi USB key Netgear WG111 V2 is installed) and a laptop (on which a Wifi card Intel link 5100 AGN is installed). With this configuration, I have no problem to connect those 2 PC's to the internet.

I have connected second laptop (on which a Wifi card Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG is installed). The Wifi access works correctly (SSID ok, clé WPA ok,...), but unfortunately the internet access doesn't work. For information :

- the last Windows XP pilote for the Wifi card Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG is installed

- the IP address exists and is correct

- the WGR614 and all PC's together use 802.11g protocol

- the ping on http://www.google.com/ www.google.com site runs not too correctly, some packets are lost, and sometimes this ping command doesn't work (and, as I said, the internet access through Wifi doesn't work)

- the Intel work around on PSP feature doesn't improve anything

- changing the 802.11 modes on the WGR614 router doesn't improve anything

For information, by using an other Wifi access point (which is not a WGR614) the Wifi card Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG runs correctly, and I can access the internet without any specific configuration with those 3 PC's.

Using a protocol analysis tool, I can see that there are a lot of TCP retransmissions, maybe it could be a track for the root cause...Maybe the WGR614 needs a specific configuration for the Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG card ?

Thanks for your support if you could give me an answer about this issue.

Best regards.
1 Reply
idata
Community Manager

Ha! I saw this same post over in the netgear forums. I answered there as well.

I had the same problem earlier this week, but I used a solution I found on a dell forum.

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/6197915/6871541.aspx