Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Network Issues on Asus ux431fn zenbook with Intel 9560 Wireless

popkorn1
Beginner

I am encountering serious network issues with my Asus Ux431fn zenbook with Intel 9560 wireless card. If I am not within 5-10 feet of router download speeds drop off from 50-75megabit to <5 from office (20 feet away) to unusable in bedroom (30 feet away) I have all the latest drivers and windows 10 updates but extremely poor signal and downloads if not close to router (netgear c3000-100nas 802n)

Note : I am able to get excellent download speeds on speed tests from other computer (Dell, Samsung Galaxy S9 etc) in other rooms. Appears that wireless card has hardware issue as not able to get proper power. Can you diagnose this please.  Do you think there is an issue with 9560?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
popkorn1
Beginner

The signal strength and signal quality also fluctuate from 130 Mbps to 5Mbps when downloads occur in the < 1M/s range.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello popkorn1, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Please provide the following details: 

1. Are you having issues with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or both? 
  2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently? 
  3. Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before? If yes, did you make any changes before the issue started?  

Additionally, try the following recommendations: 

1. Try a clean installation of Wireless Drivers:  

Step 1: Download and save the drivers on your computer: 

Step 2: Uninstall the Wi-Fi driver. 

1. Uninstall your Wi-Fi driver. 
    1. Go to Device Manager
    2. Expand the Network Adapters category. 
    3. Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it. 
    4. Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device
    5. Repeat steps A through D until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out. 

2. Restart your computer. 

Step 3: Driver installation. 

Locate the drivers you downloaded back in Step 1. Run as administrator, and follow the wizard to completion. To Run as administrator right click over the file you downloaded and select the option to Run as administrator. Try installing first the manufacturer (OEM) driver and then the Intel ones (21.90.3 and then the 21.120.0).  

2. See Setting Wireless Adapter Power Management to change the power setting. You may have connection issues with a Wi-Fi Access Point (AP) that doesn't support the PSP feature. See Power Save Polling Causes Connection Issues with Access Points for details. 

3.  Make sure that you are using the Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.*

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello popkorn1,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello popkorn1,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. As an extra recommendation, you can try checking with your system manufacturer (OEM) for any missing update on your system.

Also, they can diagnose if the system is running into a hardware problem, chances are that you need to reseat the wireless card or even replace it.

If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M 

0 Kudos