Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7427 Discussions

Networking, Wifi

hemang
Beginner

I have Dell Inspiron 3558. I have Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160. I used to have good signal strength till now but from now I am not able to connect to the wifi even if it is just in the next room. 

I am able to connect to the wifi only if I am really close to the router.

Please help!

I am attaching details scanned by Intel SSU.

Thanks in Advance!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LeonWaksman
Super User

WOW!! Your laptop is outdated in every aspect. The Windows 10 version you have installed is 1507 (this is the first release version from July 2015). The BIOS version is very old too:A08 from Jan 2016. I suggest that you start with updating BIOS.

1. The latest BIOS (and also other software) can be download from DELL Download site. Please read the Installation Instruction (i.e. disable the Bitlocker if enabled) before starting this update.

2. After BIOS update, update the Chipset Software 

3. Once the BIOS and Chipset Software are updated, update your Windows. You may use the Microsoft Update Assistant.

4. Download the Intel Bluetooth Driver and Intel WiFi Driver. (You should download the 64bit versions)

5. Disconnect the Internet and uninstall the currently installed Bluetooth and WiFi Drivers. Do this from Apps & Features in Windows settings. Reboot your laptop.

6. Install the Bluetooth and WiFi Drivers (in this order). Reconnect the Internet and reboot your laptop.

7. Download and run Dell Update Application for Windows 10 to update all necessary software.

Leon

0 Kudos