Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

New PROSet software/driver for 7260 AC disabled/crippled wide channel in 2.4Ghz Wireless N

JWong20
Beginner

Joe_Intel or anyone from Intel PLEASE READ THIS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I purchased and installed a new 7260 AC card for my HP notebook 3277NR. I have my router and adapter settings to run at 2.4Ghz with wide channel (40Mhz)

I AM NOT ABLE TO GET 300Mbps with the 7260 using the lastest driver (PROSet 17.0.0_64.exe in Windows 7, Driver dated 2/18/2014).

The maximum speed I got for 7260 card latest drivers was 144Mbps, because the latest drivers/software CRIPPLED the wide channel (even though adapter settings is set to "auto" in 2.4ghz channel).

I had to uninstall latest drivers and install the PREVIOUSLY RELEASED VERSION (PROSet 16.10.0_s64.exe for windows 7, Driver dated 1/28/2014). Now I get 300Mbps before I couldn't. INTEL Please DO NOT DISABLE the wide channel mode (2.5Ghz band) in your future drivers because there is no point of using a 2x2 Intel card if you cant get full speed in wide channel.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Let me check on this and I keep you posted.

0 Kudos
JWong20
Beginner

Sylvia_intel,

I can confirm this same issue on another laptop that uses Windows 8.1 64bit (With Windows Update 1). PROSet ver. 17.0.0 for Windows 8.1 disabled wide channel, I resorted to

install previous released PROSet version 16.10.0 for windows 8.1 64bit and now get 300Mbps with wide channel.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Does this laptop have the same wireless adapter?

Would you please check that the setting for the channel selection is AUTO and also the WMM is enabled on the router?

Are sure the settings were the same when using both drivers version?

0 Kudos
JWong20
Beginner

Same wireless adapter on both laptops, Intel Dual Band 7260 AC.

I tried multitude of settings on Adapter and router.

I tried setting channel on router to AUTO. Also tried with channels 1 and 11, same results (No wide channel) on both laptops.

WMM is also enabled in router.

Other router settings include:

Interface Type: N Only

Channel Bandwidth: 40

Transmit Power: 100

WMM: Enable

WMM Power Save: Enable

Frequency Band: 2.4Ghz

Security Mode:WPA2-PSK(AES)

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Would you please access the following link and check if your settings are the same as the default settings for Intel® wireless adapters.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/sb/CS-030709.htm http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/sb/CS-030709.htm

Could you please check if there is any other access point that the router is trying or is connecting to?

Also, make sure you have installed the drivers from our website, not the OEM driver http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034041.htm http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034041.htm

0 Kudos
JWong20
Beginner

I have same settings as the link you provided.

On Adapter I have:

802.11n channel width for band 2.4: Auto

802.11n channel width for band 5.2: Auto

HT Mode: VHT <--- have this which is same as 802.11n mode. Differs from earlier Centrino adapters.</strong>

Fat channel intolerant: Disabled

Roaming aggressiveness: Medium

Transmit power: Highest

Wireless Mode: 802.11a/b/g

Throughput Enhancement <-- not shown in 7260 adapter advanced settings because adapter differs from earlier Centrino adapters</strong>

On Router I have same settings:

Auto channel scanEnable802.11 modeUse 802.11n onlyChannel width40MHz

The router is not trying or connecting to other access points.

The drivers I installed are Intel Generic and not OEM from manufacturer. I downloaded these drivers from the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&ProductLine=Intel%c2%ae+Wi-Fi+Products&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+Dual+Band+Wireless-AC+7260 Download Center

0 Kudos
VWobe
Beginner

I am having the same issue with my Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Plus Bluetooth HMC adapter.

The adapter has the same settings as the default ones on the link.

There are no other routers and access points on the network, only the one the adapter is connecting.

The driver is the latest one from intel website: 17.0.3.2

Everything works fine in other router configurations: 2.4ghz and 20mhz bandwidth, 5ghz 40mhz, and 5ghz 80mhz. The problem happens only on 2.4ghz 40mhz, where the transfer speed tops 1MB/s

Router settings are the same as mentioned:

Auto channel scanEnable802.11 modeUse 802.11n onlyChannel width40MHz
0 Kudos
NStef
Beginner

i am not even getting 40Mhz band

0 Kudos
SRand1
Beginner

Oh great. I bought the best wireless card I could find, then wondered why it wouldn't connect at more than 54mbit.

I have tried 6.10 and a few others, no good. I have managed to get 130mbit while my old 2007 laptop with a PCI broadcom or something in it gets 300mbit all day long. SO FRUSTRATING.

0 Kudos