Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7443 Discussions

New computer with TRX40 Master motherboard and ax200 not picking up wifi.

User1592306719222200

Hi guys. I have just had a pc built for me with an Aorus TRX40 Master motherboard with ax200 wifi. The wifi is calling itself "Wi-Fi 2" and not picking up any networks, while my other devices pick up the house's 5G fine. Under network properties the status of the Wi-Fi 2 is "Not operational". There is also a "Wi-Fi" network further down the list with the description "802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card" and its status is "Not Present". I also ran a SSU log if that can help anyone help me. Any help with this would be great, thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello User15923067192222008368

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this behavior further, could you please provide the following information?

1. Are you having issues with Wi-Fi only or with Bluetooth too (both)?
  2. Just to make sure, since you mentioned this is a new computer, did the issue start since the first day you have the computer? If not, do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?
  3. Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you install it on the motherboard?
  4. Please provide a screenshot showing all the devices under "Network adapters" in the Windows® Device Manger. Also, please let us know if there is an error code in Device Manager.
  5. Screenshots showing where you see the "Not operational" and "802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card" and its status is "Not Present".
  6. Are additional wireless devices or adapters connected to the computer?
  7. Have you tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
  8. Router / Access point model:
  9. Have you tried a different router or Access point for testing purposes? Maybe one that is AX compatible? Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem? Please provide details.
  10. Have you checked if the Wireless card and/or the cables and antenna kit are properly connected to the computer?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. If yes, could you please provide the information requested in our previous post?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread. Since you mentioned this a new motherboard experiencing this issue with the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Gig+), our final recommendation is to contact the motherboard manufacturer for further assistance to discard hardware issues and possible warranty if applicable.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos