Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

No 802.11n mode option in advanced settings

DMaro1
Beginner

Hello,

I bought new computer - Lenovo Y700 with wireless adapter Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 and i cannot connect wirelessly to my internet. Bassicly i can but the speed is just abysmal. I downloaded the newest drivers from intel website, even reinstalled Windows and still there is no option to enable 802.11n MODE... please help because laptop without wireless is useless.....

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Danas,

The Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 should work well in 802.11n networks, however, it is capable of using 802.11ac.

This adapter does not have the option "802.11n mode", since it handles connections in a slightly different way than Wireless-N adapters.

If you are experiencing connectivity issues, here are some initial recommendations that may help:

- Make sure you are using Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers version 18.40. The downloads compatible with the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 for different Windows* versions can be found in the following website:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/86068/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-8260 Drivers & Software

- Configure your Wireless adapter according the following advisory:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005544.html?wapkw=intel+wi-fi+recommended+settings Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Danas,

Please let us know if the information provided helped you resolve your inquiry, or if you require any additional details.

0 Kudos
DMaro1
Beginner

thanks for the help. I solved it. After two sleepless nights i brought my new ( two days old ) computer to service. The problem was not because of drivers or no 802,11n option. The problem was that wireless antenna was not connected to wireless adapter.... Good job lenovo factory . Service connected antenna and now it works perfect without any drivers update or something

jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Danas,

Thank you for the update. We are glad to know the issue was solved and we are sure that this will be a good reference for other users as well.

0 Kudos