Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

No Bluetooth-Audiostreaming with DualBand WirelessN 7260 under Windows 8

DEube
Beginner

Hello,

i've got a litte problem. I installed the latest Software and Drivers, but I'm not able to stream music or phone calls from my htc One X (Android 4.2.2) to my Notebook. I can connect without any problems and can transfer files, but there is no possibility to stream sound/music ?

Is this a general problem with this driver? Maybe you can help me =)

Thanks a lot...

0 Kudos
43 Replies
idata
Employee

That's correct. Intel won't flat out say it, they keep referring us to the PC manufacturer (even if it's your own built PC). The Intel drivers just don't support A2DP in windows 8 or 10.

0 Kudos
VClem
Beginner

I can confirm that on the HP ENVY Phoenix 860-019 Windows 10 Home that there is no A2DP profile. I've updated to the latest drivers and A2DP still doesn't not appear in any shape or form.

While both Microsoft and Intel insist on publicly stating that they 'support' A2DP, and HP just points to Microsoft and Intel, the fact is that none of the companies actually PROVIDES the A2DP profile. It's truly a sad state of affairs when three large tech companies can't get their act together and provide the full suite of bluetooth profiles. My ASUS USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle on my Windows Vista machine provides a wide range of bluetooth profiles including A2DP - and that driver is over four and a half years old.

I just want to stream music from my phone to my new supposed state-of-the-art desktop computer. But I can't do that with the Intel WirelessAC 7265 in Windows 10.

0 Kudos