Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

No Wifi while in safe mode using Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7265

DAl-A
Beginner

The adapter shows error code 37

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello DAl-A

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to have a better understanding of this inquiry, could you please provide the following details:

1- The wireless card is the original one that came pre-installed on the system?

2- Does the Wireless card work fine when booting Windows® in normal mode?

3- Please provide details about what you are trying to achieve by booting in safe mode:

4- Please elaborate on the steps you are following to enable safe mode boot with Networking enabled.

5- Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread.

5.1- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

5.2- Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

5.3- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

5.4- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
DAl-A
Beginner
Hi Andrew, Please find my answers below in red. Thank you! Dima
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello DAl-A

Thank you for your response.

I might be wrong but I am not able to find your answers in the thread. Could you please doulble-check?

Regards,

Andrew G.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
DAl-A
Beginner

My apologies Andrew. The system report is attached and below are my answers inline in bold:

1- The wireless card is the original one that came pre-installed on the system?

Yes, the wireless card is the original pre-installed one.

2- Does the Wireless card work fine when booting Windows® in normal mode?

Yes, wireless connectivity works fine when booting in normal mode.

3- Please provide details about what you are trying to achieve by booting in safe mode:

I’m having issues with MS Arc Surface mouse BT connectivity. I wanted to uninstall the driver in safe mode.

4- Please elaborate on the steps you are following to enable safe mode boot with Networking enabled.

Windows 10 Settings > Recovery > Advanced Startup “Restart now” > Troubleshoot > Startup Settings > Restart > option 5

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello DAl-A

Just to make sure that we are understanding correctly, you are trying to uninstall and reinstall the driver for Bluetooth but you are trying to complete this process in Safe Mode, thus you need Wireless connectivity to reinstall or download the driver?

Is there anything that is not allowing you to complete this process in Windows® normal mode? For instance: Is the Bluetooth driver not uninstalling in Windows® normal mode?

If you are trying to uninstall and update the Bluetooth driver, have you tried to download first the driver from your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), in this case, HP*, save the file on the computer and then boot in Safe Mode to complete the process? If this is what you are trying to achieve, you may also follow these steps:

1- Get the latest system-specific driver from your computer manufacturer website* and save it to the Windows® desktop. For HP ENVY Laptop 17-ae1xx, based on SKU number, the driver can be found in the below link*:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-17-ae1000-laptop-pc-series/16851067/model/16895972?sku=1WC57AV

2- Disconnect from the Internet so new drivers are not automatically installed by Windows® update.

• First, uninstall the Bluetooth driver from Windows® Apps & Features (if available) and then proceed to check if the driver is still present under Windows® >> Device Manager. If yes, proceed to Right-click on the Bluetooth device and choose to uninstall it. Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device.

3- Restart the system.

4- Install the driver you downloaded before in step 1.

If Safe mode is required to complete this process, you can repeat steps from 2 to 4 booting up in Safe mode. Otherwise, please provide more details regarding the need for Windows® safe mode.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello DAl-A

Have you been able to test the steps provided?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
DAl-A
Beginner

Hi Leonardo,

It looks like it may be a defective wireless adapter. I filed a ticket with HP and they scheduled to ship my laptop back for adapter replacement.

Thank you!

Dima

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello DAl-A,

We are glad to know that you were able to contact your system manufacturer and that they determined that the problem was happening due to a hardware issue. 

We will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos