Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

No audio from Bluetooth Headphones after waking PC from Sleep

JohnnyGui
Beginner

Method to reproduce this:

1. Turn BT Headphones OFF and turn Bluetooth ON on Windows 11 device 

2. Put Windows 11 device in Sleep mode while Bluetooth is ON

3. Wake it from Sleep mode

4. Turn BT Headphones ON and play audio on Windows 11 device

The Bluetooth headphones will connect normally but does not give any audio. I need to turn the BT headphones OFF and ON again to fix this. Deleting and repairing the headphones does not help.

I am using Windows 11 Pro 21H2 and JBL Live 500BT headphones. Bluetooth card is an AX210 with latest Intel BT drivers. Please see attachment for further system specs.

Is this reproducible?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello JohnnyGui,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+).   

In order to better assist you, please try the following:  

1. When did the issue start?

2. Does the issue happen with a different Bluetooth headphone?

3. Based on step one from your post, does the issue happen when the headphone is ON before the PC goes into sleep mode?

4. Does the issue happen with the latest Gigabyte and Intel drivers?

5. Have you presented any other issues with the Bluetooth?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
JohnnyGui
Beginner

1. I noticed this on Windows 11 21H2. Never really tried this on Windows 10

2. I don't have other BT headphones to test this

3. The issue does NOT happen when the headphone is already ON before sleep mode

4. Yes

5. There is another issue with 8bitdo controllers showing Driver errors when turning Bluetooth on the Windows Device OFF and then ON again.

Is there a possibility to try and test this at your end according to the steps in the starting post?

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello JohnnyGui, 

Thanks for your response. I might be able to try to replicate this behavior, but before we proceed I will need you to try this:

1. Test your headphones on a different computer and/or laptop.

2. Perform a hard reset (if possible):

• Power off the computer.
  • Power off the power supply.
  • Press the power button for 10 seconds.
  • Power back on the power supply.
  • Power back on the computer.

If the previous steps did not work, please provide me a report of your system using the ntel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU):

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello JohnnyGui,  

I reviewed your post, please let me know if the issue was resolved, if not, do not hesitate, just reply back.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
JohnnyGui
Beginner

Hello and sorry for the late reply.

The issue is not resolved. I have tried your steps:

1. The same issue happens on a Windows 10 Laptop with Bluetooth when waking it from sleep. I am using Windows 11 myself which has the same issue.

2. Hard reset does not fix this.

The Intel SSU does not work on my PC for some reason. Instead, I have attached a exported Windows System info file. Please see the attachment.

Is it possible to test this yourself according to my described steps in the opening post?

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello JohnnyGui, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello JohnnyGui, 

Thanks for your patience. Before I try to replicate this issue I would like to confirm the following:

1. You mentioned that you do not have another Bluetooth headphones. Just to confirm, do you have any kind of Bluetooth speaker to test?

2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

3. Just to confirm, have you tried a clean installation of the latest drivers (22.150.0) for Wi-FI and Bluetooth?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello JohnnyGui, 

Thanks for your patience. we have tried to replicate this issue following the steps that you provided and we used an Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+), driver version 22.150.x, and Windows 11 22000 build.

However, we did not face the same issue as you. This issue could be related to your specific model of headphones, please try to test a different model or try to confirm with the manufacturer of the motherboard for headphones compatible with your computer.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello JohnnyGui,  

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
JohnnyGui
Beginner
Hello, thanks for the reply. I just tested the same headphones with a Windows 10 laptop and it didn't have this issue (I didn't test it properly previously).

So there seems to be an issue with Bluetooth on Windows 11, not with my headphones.
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello JohnnyGui, 

Thanks for your response. In this case, as may notice, this issue seems related to the operating system. Since you already tried with the latest wireless driver (22.150.0) and you have the latest updates for Windows 11, I recommend you to check with Microsoft and Gigabyte to confirm any report or instructions on this issue.

You can also check with the headphones manufacturer to confirm if there are any reports with Windows 11.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
JohnnyGui
Beginner
Thank you, I will contact JBL.

May I ask what model Bluetooth headphones you have used to test this at your end?
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello JohnnyGui, 

For the replication, I used a Probuds earphone following the steps that you shared. I am glad to know that you will contact the headphones manufacturer, they may help you further on this.

I will close this thread since this issue will be handled by the headphones manufacturer.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
MikadoWu
Beginner

Hello Deivid,

I have recently come across this same issue. 

Note, I have 2 Elitebook G7 and 2  Probook G9. One for Home Use one for the Office. So Far.... I have only experienced the issues on the Probook G9 at home, so far.  I have rebuilt the unit with the latest ISO Downloaded from Microsoft and updated the drivers from HP Once and from the Intel Update assistance Once.

Laptop HP Elitebook G7, Probook G9 - Office unit.

JBL Flip 5

No Problems.  Laptop would go to sleep, wake up no issues.

Laptop HP Probook G9 - Home unit

Test with 2 different JBL Flip 5's

When laptop wakes from sleep, there is no Audio.  On the Audio Bar, you can see the sound bar moving like there is audio.

Reboot the computer, it reconnects no issue.

I also do not experience any issues on my Surface Pro 3 Surface Pro 7 and my Desktop ASrock TaiChi Z790.  All of these devices go to sleep, and wake up and reconnect.

I can provide you with a lot more details, If I can tell me what to present.

0 Kudos
Andy5656
Beginner

I looked for this on various websites including youtube and solved it using to enable playback device from sound settings.

0 Kudos