Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

Observing BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (after Hibernated restart) and message 'You should upgrade your Intel ProSet Wireless Drivers' BUT

PRose3
Beginner

then I started to use the Intel Driver Update utility, and the drivers won't install, after the needed reboots !

It finds these:

• WP-BT_17.1.1411.01_e164.exe
  • Wireless_17.14.0_e164.exe

for my:

• Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230
  • on my LapTop with Windows 8.1, 64-bit

Analyzing the content of its Logfile, these two messages appear, for each of the installs:

DriverUpdateUI.exe Information: 0 : IDUU-Install: Couldn't find 32 bit subkey. Trying 64 bit.

DriverUpdateUI.exe Information: 0 : IDUU-Install: Couldn't find registry subkey. We're done here.

I'm pretty sure, this is the symptoms explaining the failing installs.

I have tried to install them outside Driver Update tool, same result ie. they wont' update, they either offer Repair or Remove.

What can I do ?

[update: 2-4-2015]

The Laptop Manufacturer (Asus) says, restore entire Laptop back to Windows 8 (from 8.1).

I wonder what kind of manufacturers are making laptops that lasts years (as in my case), using state of the art technology of Intel along with the latest Windows OS.

I saw somewhere (in community) someone posted a link to report issues to Intel Support, but that can't be true - the only ones that can report issues, are from Technology Companies or Manufacturers it seems. Or am I wrong ? Anyone ?

Meddelelse blev redigeret af: Peter Rosenberg, Added last section of 4-5 lines.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
OPlec
Beginner

Hi,

it is very easy. Intel or Microsoft did failed with drivers for Intel mini-PCI cards for Windows 8.1 64bits. All Intel mini-PCI cards has problems with drivers for Windows 8.1, from my experience it is n2230, and 6235 and many others too.

You need to downgrade do Windows 8 or change the mini-PCI card to Realtek or Qualcomm.

Same as my case, I need to downgrade or change the mini-pci adaptor.

Otto

0 Kudos
PRose3
Beginner

Ok, do I understand you right, in that if I want to avoid hardware change (its a laptop with integrated pci cards), my only software option is to downgrade from 8.1 to 8 ?

Pls clarify to me.

0 Kudos
OPlec
Beginner

Yes. Exactly. According all I did read about the issue with Intel mini-PCI and Windows 8.1 64bit, it looks like the only way is to downgrade to Windows 8.

Downgrading to Windows 8 did solve this issues for many or all users, that has similar issue.

I am going to try the downgrade to Windows 8 today also.

Problem has users whos hardware do not have official preload with Windows 8. I have same issue with Sony, as the preload is Window 8.1, but I can use and install clear Windows 8 and after install all other Sony software. Not every users is capable of this.

I understand that users, who do not have Windows 8 preload and do not know how to reinstall Windows 8, return their hardware to its seller. This is option 2 of this Intel driver issues.

Regards

Otto

0 Kudos
PRose3
Beginner

Ha, I happened to reply to myself...

Otto, please see above textbox.

Thanks again, for your kind assistance.

0 Kudos
PRose3
Beginner

Did it again, Hmm, is my Chromium pulling my leg ;-)

Pls.check above replies...
0 Kudos
PRose3
Beginner

I believe I have a preload of Win8 on mine, but I am a little concerned I am stuck on that level forever.

Its a pretty new laptop (Warranty Enddate +2 months, unfortunately) with Intel SSD and lot of RAM etc.

Let me hear your experience in downgrading.

I will peruse the driver install problem a bit more.

I wonder why I cannot get a driver pack without an Installer on top of it. Some of us are old enough to know how to move around with device driver settings etc.

and thanks for sharing, btw.

0 Kudos