Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Old N' Gold Wireless N 1030 11230BNHMW win 7x64 driver

carr81
Beginner

Hi folks!

Pretty new around here, so I'd like to thank my family... Well it is not the place and time to discuss this...
My problem is that i might be dumb, but tried to find a working driver for topics board for an old (kinda maxxed out) Packard Bell Easynote PEW91 notebook.  So I'm sorry if i've been just a blind man.

Latest update would be an integrated BT+wifi card. but there was a catch with intel support, coz' it drove me round n' round without any useful info.

So checked everywhere for a working driver for this, but none of them worked.
Tried lenovo mainly. but no, even a BSOD was my latest achievement. If i can say that.

The HW dev nr is: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_008B&SUBSYS_53158086&REV_34

intel couldnt gave me a proper *.inf to make it work.
But there were other routines which cannot be forced to work, because there were no wired connection for the intel driver updater sw.

Anyways, thank you if you have something working for this card.
Other sw which i've tried:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000046918/wireless.html
But it said there is no hw for this driver.

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You are correct; this is an Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 module and, because of its age, Intel is no longer supporting the download of drivers for this module. Luckily, I planned ahead and made a backup of these drivers. Because of their size, I cannot post them here. I will put them into my cloud and send you an IM with a link for download.

...S

carr81
Beginner

Hey Mr pearson!

That would be great. Thank you!

Looked here, and there installed, deleted a few, and it took almost 3 hours off of my life.

0 Kudos
carr81
Beginner

I'm not impatient or anything, only asking about the file. You managed to upload it? Thank you

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I sent you a PM within 2 minutes of saying I had the driver. Do you not know how to read your PMs? Look on the blue banner at the top. There is a small envelope icon (which should have a number in red circle saying there is (at least) one message waiting). 

...S

0 Kudos
carr81
Beginner

Ah... I'V been blind, or haven't noticed, or wasn't visible. Thank you! 
(it can't be shared to the public?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Nope, that's a link to my personal cloud account and is only temporary.
...S
0 Kudos
carr81
Beginner

I understand. When Im downloaded, can I share it with a mega link, if anyone in the near fututre looking for this?
Thank you.

0 Kudos
carr81
Beginner
The provided drivers are not working.

Bluetooth is okay. Or at least it seems like.
0 Kudos
carr81
Beginner
Can't see private messages.
0 Kudos
carr81
Beginner
Device cannot start. Code 10.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I posted another set of drivers (see PM I just sent you for details). Let me know if these work.

BTW, you did do a clean install (i.e., uninstall old, reboot and then install new), right? 

...S

0 Kudos
carr81
Beginner

Thank you!

No, other cards weren't intel ones.

Atheros.

I'll try tonite, but I'm afraid it wasnt causing the issue.

Thank you!

:R

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello carr81,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.  

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos