Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

POLL: Has any user ever gotten 1733Mbps link speed on their AC9560 ?

tzr916
Beginner

Simple question. The AC9560 claims it can get a reported link speed of 1733Mpbs on 802.11ac 2x2 160MHz. Has any user here ever seen that? Post your screen shots...

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello tzr916,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

I understand that you just want different opinions from other users, however, I would like to know if you may need some kind of support or if you are having any issue so I will be able to help you with it.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
tzr916
Beginner
How do I know when 160mhz channel width is working if the reported link speed never goes higher than 866mbps?

With Router set to:
20mhz width, link = 173mbps
40mhz width, link = 400mbps
80mhz width, link = 866mbps
Auto width (supposedly 160mhz), link = 866mbps
0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello tzr916,

Thank you for your reply.

I can see that you already have an open thread where they are assisting you with a similar question: https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/AC9560-best-link-speed-886-7Mbps-on-5HGz-802-11ac/m-p/1225790#M31705

We are currently checking internally to provide you with more details, can you please confirm if it is regarding the same? We just want to avoid duplication of effort on this so we suggest continuing with the support in one thread only. Please, confirm if it is regarding the same so we can proceed to close this thread.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
tzr916
Beginner

No, not the same. I have tried three different brand new routers, they each claim to have speeds of 1300 to 1650 to 2167 Mbps from their 5 GHz AC band, but the best I've yet to see is 886 Mbps link with speed test of 650 Mbps. So far it seems to infer this AC9560 is not actually capable of 1733 Mbps link speed or  160mhz bandwidth, or none of these routers are capable of 160 MHz bandwidth. So I am looking for some way to confirm what bandwidth is being used, 80 MHz or 160 MHz? OR provide some examples of what routers are confirmed capable of 160 MHz bandwidth on their 5 GHz AC band?

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello tzr916,

Thank you for the response.

To better assist you, provide us with the below information:

Please run the following tool in Windows* and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
tzr916
Beginner

I went to the link. I ran the utility. None of that tells me anything I don't already know. Link rate is 886.7Mbps and 5GHz bandwidth driver setting is set to Auto. Those do not tell me if my device is currently connected at 40GHz or 80GHz or 160GHz bandwidth.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello tzr916,

Thank you for your response.

The tool is just for us to have your system information, about drivers, OS, and other aspects that may be affecting your network speed.

If you want to continue with the support please attach the report result and the settings you are using in the advance section, so we can check better on this and offer you more accurate support.

If you prefer we also recommend to contact the technical support directly, via chat or phone, we will gladly assist you with remote access to gather the information needed and also be able to check the way you are testing your internet speed.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hi,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello tzr916,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos