Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

PROset Connection Utility does not show AP Name in details

idata
Employee

I have installed 61 Cisco 1242 ap's and need to connect to each one for testing. I am trying to use Intel PROset Wireless WiFi Connection Utility to tell me exactly which ap I am connecting to but for some reason the AP Name in the details simply shows a bold pipe and no name. I am using a Dell Latitude D830, WinXP Pro sp3 and PROset v13.2.1.0.

How can I get the software to show the ap name (according to the user manual it should be showing it) OR is there a better utility for me to use that will give me the information I'm needing?

I have enabled IPv6 in Windows, updated driver & software to most current versions.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Make sure you have SSID (network name) configured in your Cisco wireless AP.

The Proset software should be able to display the available wireless network as long as the SSID is not hidden.

There is no need to enable ipv6.

idata
Employee

I should add that these are thin ap's that get their config from WISM's.

0 Kudos
Sachin_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

For PROSet Connection Utility to display AP Name, 'Aironet Extensions' must be enabled on the Cisco AP.

On Cisco's 1200 Series AP....there is a Enable/Disable option available for Aironet Extensions on Express Setup page.

Thanks

Sachin

Intel Corp

0 Kudos