Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Please provide list of BT profile supported by AX200? specially A2DP Sink and A2DP Source and HID HOST/Device for Keyboard, mouse etc. BT radio AX200 support Ubuntu? Kindly Answer.

NGupt28
Beginner

AX200

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello NGupt28,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

Intel® Wireless Adapters supports all Windows® 10 native Bluetooth® profiles including A2DP.

Currently, Microsoft supports the A2DP source role and doesn't support the sink role on Windows® 10 for desktop editions. 

If you're looking for A2DP sink support on Windows® 10, you may consider providing feedback directly to Microsoft via the Feedback Hub App.

Most Intel® Wireless Adapters support Linux* operating systems. Linux drivers are part of the upstream Linux* kernel. They're available through the regular channels, distributions, or the Linux* kernel archives. We support use of the drivers only in the kernel version the driver was a part of.

We recommend that you contact your Linux* Operating System Vendor to obtain more information about Bluetooth support in these distributions.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
NGupt28
Beginner

Thanks Wanner, We are already using AX200 for 11AX testbed development and now planning to use for BT test bed development as well.

We are using Linux(Ubuntu) platform for same.

As per my understanding from your reply, it looks like All BT HID Host/Device and A2DP Source/Sink is supported by BT Chip.

Host Support for Linux(Ubuntu) need to confirm but feasibility is there? please correct me if I am wrong.

-Naveen G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello NGupt28,

Please allow us to look into this issue.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
NGupt28
Beginner

Sure, I was asking questions only.​

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello NGupt28,

We would like to provide an update.

What we would like to confirm is that Bluetooth HID Host/Device and A2DP Source/Sink are supported by the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 itself. However, these profiles are OS dependent. In other words, OS vendors decide whether a profile is enabled on a specific OS version or build.

In this scenario, what we can recommend is that you contact your Linux* OS vendor to confirm if these profiles are enabled.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
NGupt28
Beginner

Thanks Wanner, Sure we will confirm with vendors.

one last question i.e. which Windows and Linux version Intel verified the AX200 BT profiles before Release? Kindly let us knows so we will verify/qualify from there and then move to vendors as we are at feasibility stage.

-Naveen G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello NGupt28,

Thank you for your response.

Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 supports Windows* 10 64-bit only and most Intel® Wireless Adapters support Linux* operating systems. Since Bluetooth profiles are OS independent, the OS vendor should confirm which specific OS version supports the Bluetooth profile.

It is worth noting that these profiles can be enabled or disabled in each new OS version release depending on customizations or changes made to driver or the OS itself.  

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
NGupt28
Beginner

Thanks Wanner G. it's a  helpful information.

-Naveen G.

0 Kudos