Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Preinstalled Intel dual band wireless AC 3160 in a Toshiba laptop has stopped finding any available network

NAran1
Beginner

My Toshiba laptop, running Windows 7 - 64 bits, which has an Intel dual band wireless AC 3160 adapter pre-installed, has stopped working. It is enabled but it doesn't find any available network. I've tried to reset it but then my PC has got frozen and I've had to reboot it. I've also tried to update the driver with the last version provided by Toshiba but it hasn't worked either. I really don't know what else to do... Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Nat2016,

Considering that you tried the OEM drivers and the issue still persists, you could try the following:

1. Download and save: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25685/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7- Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7* File name: Wireless_18.32.0_PROSet64_Win7.exe - Size: 96.08 MB

2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

5. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.

6. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.

0 Kudos
NAran1
Beginner

Thanks a lot aleki, i followed your instructions and now my laptop is connecting beautifully.

Cheers,

Nat

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Nat2016,

We are glad to know all is working as you expected.

0 Kudos