Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Problem with Centrino Advanced N-6230 and My Wifi Technology

idata
Employee

I have downloaded and installed all of the most recent software and drivers for my advanced n-6230 but when I try to run the Dashboard it tells me that a supported version of the software is not installed.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Jack,

It would be helpful to know what driver versions you have tested so far, and if the wireless card came pre-installed in your system, and most import if it worked before and what was the driver version that you had in the case it did work.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Mark

The driver is version 15.2.0.19 downloaded from the Intel site yesterday together with the same version of the software.

The card was pre-installed in the system which is a Dell xps l511z.

The device seems to work perfectly well as a wireless card and has always done so. The original driver was version 14??. The problem only became apparent when I installed the software associated with a smart tv when I started getting an message "Intel My WiFi Technology not installed". I subsequently downloaded the software and drivers from the Intel site but when I run the Dashboard program I get the error message noted above.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi all,

Richard Solomon found the solution for issues with WiDi or My Wifi not working properly.

There is possibility that computer manufacturer is blocking the installation of My Wifi option because of security.

That's the reason of all others issues

1. Why option of My Wifi is not visible during the installation.

2. Why My Wifi Dashboard is only in Lite version (no WiFi direct)

3. Why WiDi is not unable to start

Solution is simple. Delete the registry key which inhibits this option.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UpgradeCodes\4AC91165C6D69DE419A86CDFF452E910]

"FFBD57B19EA05A2416DB668FE78A4352"=""

My specs

Dell Latitude E6320

Intel Centrino N 6205

Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Installed packages

Wireless_15.2.0_s64.exe (Intel PROSet Wireless software, drivers and My Wifi)

Setup 3.1.29.0.exe (Intel WiDi)

Everything is working finally...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Vladimir,

I have the same problem, how can i remove the registry key on Windows 8 pro, please help me

Regards,,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I had no problem installing WiDi on Windows 8 Pro (just few days ago).

I did a clean install of Win8 so there was no blocking registry entry and Intel My Wifi was installed by default with newest version of Intel Driver. If you have this entry you had to remove it from registry with regedit.exe. Don't forget to backup you registry before making changes...

wireless_15.5.6_e64 - Intel driver with My Wifi Technology

Setup 3.5.40.0 - Intel WiDi

Windows 8 Pro 64bit

Cheers

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

excuse me sir

can you learning me how can i remove the registry entry, please ??

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Khalil,

In my previous post there is link to the thread were Richard Solomon pointed out how to fix this.

But I do not recommend for you to mess up with registry editing without learning a little bit about it. You can screw up your computer easily when you don't know what you are doing.

Google is your friend

0 Kudos